BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I do want to be there but I doubt I'll drop enough weight to do anything but walk. I'm getting smaller but not quick enough :sad:.
Apart from the big climb (we did the Elbow last year I think) the rest of the ride is rolling with plenty of stops for views, drinks and leg rests. This year with Randy, Rob, Kipster and Adam it will be a nice ride. I struggled last year due to the asthma attack and I was well looked after, so don't feel you'll ever be on your own - we'll stick together and look after each other. And, there is a very friendly broom wagon that at one nasty section last year gave Rob a free ride to the top. The Broom wagon stays with the last rider until the finish - I should know, that was me last year - and they again looked after us so well. Have a serious think about it, I think you'll enjoy it :okay:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Hi guys. So I finally signed up this morning... couple of problems, hopefully just user error on my part.

1. I’m using a wattbike atom. I know the guys at bigringvr haven’t tested the system on an atom so I’m hoping this isn’t going to be unfixable. But the resistance isn’t changing with the gradient so essentially I’m in erg mode. I.e resistance changes depend on gear ratio rather than change in slope. I’ve put my correct weight in (although I kept bikecweight at the default 10kg). I’ve made sure difficulty is set to 100%. The software recognised that I’m on an atom for power, but doesn’t recognise it as a cadence or speed sensor (don’t know if this is relevant). I tried restarting the bigringvr software as well as switching he atom off and on again. Is there something else I should try?

2. How do I check my history? Is there a saved record of my stats for a ride?

3. Sort of related to #2. Ive linked bigringvr to strava but I did it after my ride. Can I now upload it to strava? Or is it too late?

Hopefully #1 is an easy fix because I’m loving the smoothness and quality of the graphics. I never actually had a problem with the video on BKOOL. Although admittedly I only really did alp d’huez. But bigringvr is a noticeable improvement on that. Honestly if the guys are looking for feedback, I might have some opinions regarding the dashboard layout and stats. But all in all I really really like the feel of it.

Hi guys. So I finally signed up this morning... couple of problems, hopefully just user error on my part.

1. I’m using a wattbike atom. I know the guys at bigringvr haven’t tested the system on an atom so I’m hoping this isn’t going to be unfixable. But the resistance isn’t changing with the gradient so essentially I’m in erg mode. I.e resistance changes depend on gear ratio rather than change in slope. I’ve put my correct weight in (although I kept bikecweight at the default 10kg). I’ve made sure difficulty is set to 100%. The software recognised that I’m on an atom for power, but doesn’t recognise it as a cadence or speed sensor (don’t know if this is relevant). I tried restarting the bigringvr software as well as switching he atom off and on again. Is there something else I should try?

3. Sort of related to #2. Ive linked bigringvr to strava but I did it after my ride. Can I now upload it to strava? Or is it too late?

Hopefully #1 is an easy fix because I’m loving the smoothness and quality of the graphics. I never actually had a problem with the video on BKOOL. Although admittedly I only really did alp d’huez. But bigringvr is a noticeable improvement on that. Honestly if the guys are looking for feedback, I might have some opinions regarding the dashboard layout and stats. But all in all I really really like the feel of it.

Mugshot had a similar question....
You should find the tcx file (in Windows) at...
Documents/Big-Ring/Rides

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw

When you are signed in on BRVR there is a record of all the rides you have. Completed or not. I have many 5-8k ride sections of longer rides like pikes peak
Look under Dashboard

<Tommy>

I wasn't having a pop TT that you hadn't gone back into the thread ... these threads get too long to go through every post... just so you know :smile:

Haha! Noooo, I know that mate. And appreciate the help! I just meant I’m being a bit lazy not reading back a little! I should of worded it differently...Things are much easier face to face than communicated over the interwebz sometimes aren’t they! ^_^

<Tommy>

I think you'll either have to wait for Ilja to see this or drop them a message via their website. It sound like some sort of compatability problems with the Atom.

Yeah hopefully not a big problem. It works on BKOOL and I wouldn’t trust those guys to organise a p!ss up in a brewery!

Top Bottom