BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Do you have to subscribe to use bigringVr with your own videos?
Lifted this off the BigRingVR FAQ section.

Do I need to have subscription to use BigRingVR for local rides I recorded myself ?
No, subscription is needed for streaming of web rides only.

So looks like there's no subscription needed

CXRAndy

Guru
I was going to record to some local routes to practice on

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Hope you enjoy video and Fit/gpx editing ... It's taken me a while to get an efficient workflow ... although for 'short routes like that a GoPro would be a suitable camera, which would eliminate a big chunk of my workflow.

For any interested my Pollensa - Sa Batella - Femenia - Pollenca Loop is available here, with the gpx track here. They are not Zip files, just remove the .zip extension once they are in your Videos folder in Big-Ring ... It may not open in the current version of BRVR but the next release which is a couple of weeks away should be fine. I've uploaded the route (split into two) to BKool so it should appear in a couple of days assuming the BKool don't reject it

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Don't do the Lombardia climbs : whistle:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
I think I was designed for downhills
It will be when you do the East side Dave

ETA
Just re-read your post and my reply is totally meaningless. Apologies for that Dave, I was reading the original on a very small screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: djk
OP
OP
borchgrevink

borchgrevink

We don't have immediate plans to support Chromebooks. I've read that one should be able to run Linux applications on some (most?) new Chromebooks. The hardware in the premium ones should be more than enough, but I have no information about how it will work with external sensors like the ANT USB dongle. It all depends on how "sandboxed" the application is.
By the way, BigRingVR already runs on Linux. In fact, I began work on BigRingVR on a Linux system a few years ago. The port to Windows and Mac is more recent. We're not distributing a Linux version at the moment because we don't want to support another system. In time (a few months maybe?) we'll probably also release the Linux version.

Looks like BLE is supported on ChromeOS, and as you say new Chromebooks will be able to run Linux programs. Would be cool to check it out, and I really hope it will come to fruition soon.

Top Bottom