BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ibooij

Über Member

It will be when you do the East side Dave

ETA
Just re-read your post and my reply is totally meaningless. Apologies for that Dave, I was reading the original on a very small screen.

Nope, you were right. After doing the east side it is confirmed, I was built for downhill...

@ibooij It would be useful if you could filter the rides in the app by current active challenges and perhaps select them all for download. Just a thought.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Nope, you were right. After doing the east side it is confirmed, I was built for downhill...
Actually Dave I read "Kuhtaisattel from Oetz (West side) is a bit on the painful side isn't it. I think I was designed for downhills" as "Kuhtaisattel from Oetz (West side) is a bit on the painful side isn't it. I think it was designed for downhills"
In other words I thought you were saying that it is the type of ride best ridden going down rather than up. I was trying (and failing) to be clever by suggesting that when you do the East side you would be going down the West side. Which would be unusual for BRVR as they don't tend to do much "down the other side" on their rides (probably run out of memory on their SD card :okay:)
Anyway, hope you enjoyed the ride, I've still got the West side to do in order to complete the challenge and it looks worse than the East.
Will you be having a go at the Giro di Lombardia challenge? I was toying with the idea of seeing if I could complete it back to back on the 1st. Afterall that's what the Peleton will be doing only for real.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Glad you mentioned that Dave, for some reason I had the 1st as the Sunday! Definitely one for the weekend, my wife sees precious little of me as it is these days.

Reactions: djk
@ibooja. I just completed Innsbrook Loop. Once I completed it looped (surprise surprise...) but I pressed escape and saved the ride. But nothing has uploaded to the site to complete the UCI Challenge. What have I done wrong?

I've just noticed, I haven't got a time in the local app stats either

Cheers, Dave

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
@ibooja. I just completed Innsbrook Loop. Once I completed it looped (surprise surprise...) but I pressed escape and saved the ride. But nothing has uploaded to the site to complete the UCI Challenge. What have I done wrong?

I've just noticed, I haven't got a time in the local app stats either

Cheers, Dave
Shame about that Dave, these looped rides are set to loop automatically. I tried it out myself earlier in the week and, if you use a pacer, it loops as well. Looks like the @user_name isn't working at the moment but it's @ibooij if you want him to see it.

Regards

Dave

ETA
Looks like the @user_name is working after all.

Reactions: djk
It has uploaded to Strava though, so at least I can prove the ride :-)

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
It should be stored on your local hard drive as well.
I've still got the fourth ride to complete the challenge but a nasty head cold is delaying the attempt, so maybe tomorrow should see it done.

It should be stored on your local hard drive as well.
I've still got the fourth ride to complete the challenge but a nasty head cold is delaying the attempt, so maybe tomorrow should see it done.

Yup, hopefully will be able to get it manually uploaded. I gently span the wheels around Saint Lizier before it as a warm up and it was fine, so just one of those things...

Head colds are a pain in the arse, take it easy and get well soon. We are going to need our strengh by the look of the rides coming through, @Aleman is going to have plenty of pain to dole out our way this coming winter.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Yes, I'm (not) looking forward to see what he has to offer. Noticed that the Vetoux ride is available on BRVR so I hope that's not giving him ideas.

One advantage of having a cold is being able to catch up on a bit of ironing while watching the Men's team time trial from Innsbruck.

jiberjaber

Veteran
Just tried BRVR today for the first time, did the Innsbruck loop and thought the gradients were a little off, 7% felt more like 10%. I'm on the 7 day trial at the moment. Was a nice enjoyable ride on a wet and windy day outside!

Top Bottom