BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SmP-62

Nice work DJK. And as I saw, Crook Town Dave has also done the first part ... so only one to go to finish the BRVR challenge ... :smile:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
@Crook Town AFC @SmP-62
Both Nivolet climbs done, back-to-back.
Slow? Yes. But as fast as my fat arse could do it. I am completely and utterly knackered now!
Hadn't realised you'd done them back to back, chapeau Dave. Had a go at Pt 1 yesterday, and went on to Pt 2, got about 1km in then thought stuff this. I'll try again later.

Smiljan, still a way to go for me to catch up in the Goat's challenge but bit at a time should do it.

SmP-62

Some evil bugger I expect.

It was some German .... Friedrich Nietzsche.

The original line from this German philosopher was “Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker." The saying comes from the “Maxims and Arrows” section of Nietzsche’s book, Twilight of the the Idols (1888)

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Bloody philosophers, what do they know.... :tongue:
Happy New Year. Starting the new year as you mean to go on Dave? Looks like you've done the Monte Zoncolan already. My trainer only goes to 18% so I expect to see a lot of red gradients on that one.

Regards

Dave

Reactions: djk
Happy New Year. Starting the new year as you mean to go on Dave? Looks like you've done the Monte Zoncolan already. My trainer only goes to 18% so I expect to see a lot of red gradients on that one.

Regards

Dave
Happy New Year to you too mate. Yea, I thought I'd give it a go. Had to pace it out, it gets a bit bloody steep. I'm getting too old to fly up these gradients!

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
That's what I was going to start the Goats league 2019 on!!

Make it the ride for this week then, I'll update stuff tomorrow when I'm back on a PC
Hope that means Dave and me don't have to do it again.

Happy New Year by the way.

Edit To Add
Just picked up on the "Goats league 2019" bit, does that mean you are thinking of restarting the league?

Last edited:

SmP-62

Hope that means Dave and me don't have to do it again.

Happy New Year by the way.

Edit To Add
Just picked up on the "Goats league 2019" bit, does that mean you are thinking of restarting the league?
Happy New Year to all of you.

I see that You can't wait to ride ... :smile: ... I'm happy about Daves (AFC) W/kg on that ride, looks promising.

My 'turbo' plans for january are to re-ride my in real life ridden climbs in US, do some challenges and start to ride climbs, which are planned in real life for this year.

In march I plan to go on Mallorca (this years BR challenge was helpful) and then:
- Oetztaler Radmarathon Course (Brenner, Jaufenpass-Giovo, Timmelsjoch-Rombo, Kuehtai, ...)
- Route des Grandes Alpes (from Geneva to Nice, lot of Cols: Colombiere, Aravis, Saises, Cormet de Roselend, l'Iseran, Telegraphe, Galibier, d'Izoard, Vars, Cayolle, Valberg, Turini, ...)
- Mercantour route in Italy-South France (Bonette, Lombarde, Cayole, Allos, Fauniera, ...)
- I'm thinking also about Transalpina in Romania in august (depend on family vacation) and maybe Corsica in october.
- plus a few weekends in my 'backyard' after principle ... check the weather and go ... Slovenian Alps, Dolomites, Austrian Alps, Italian Alps with Zoncolan

Will be bussy year ... :smile:

Happy New Year to all of you.

I see that You can't wait to ride ... :smile: ... I'm happy about Daves (AFC) W/kg on that ride, looks promising.

My 'turbo' plans for january are to re-ride my in real life ridden climbs in US, do some challenges and start to ride climbs, which are planned in real life for this year.

In march I plan to go on Mallorca (this years BR challenge was helpful) and then:
- Oetztaler Radmarathon Course (Brenner, Jaufenpass-Giovo, Timmelsjoch-Rombo, Kuehtai, ...)
- Route des Grandes Alpes (from Geneva to Nice, lot of Cols: Colombiere, Aravis, Saises, Cormet de Roselend, l'Iseran, Telegraphe, Galibier, d'Izoard, Vars, Cayolle, Valberg, Turini, ...)
- Mercantour route in Italy-South France (Bonette, Lombarde, Cayole, Allos, Fauniera, ...)
- I'm thinking also about Transalpina in Romania in august (depend on family vacation) and maybe Corsica in october.
- plus a few weekends in my 'backyard' after principle ... check the weather and go ... Slovenian Alps, Dolomites, Austrian Alps, Italian Alps with Zoncolan

Will be bussy year ... :smile:

Can you sneak me in the suitcase please. ^_^

Think I would need an E-Bike, but would try hard up those hills...

Top Bottom