BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ibooij

Über Member
Lots of workouts can be found on https://whatsonzwift.com/workouts/ as well.
We've added an imported for .erg and .mrc files as well, so there are even more options to get ready made workouts.

By the way, barring any issues, we'll be making the public beta for BRVR with workouts available later today.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Just had a go at the new work out feature. I could have used one of the pre-installed ones but decided to use zwofactory to make one of my own mainly to see if creating and importing a home made one was easy. Fortunately it was despite never using it before today, and once it was deposited into the BRVR Workout folder it was good to go. Wasn't too sure what the FTP % was based on at first but it appears to be based on your override figure rather than that worked out by BRVR. So I suppose you could make any of your own workouts easier or harder just by adjusting your custom FTP wattage so that sounds a good feature.

I've stuck some thumbnalis on to show you all what to expect.

It works just as well without the Power profile as with as the progress and target power is also displayed in the top LHS. This leaves more scenery to admire! Note the on screen countdown to the start of the next segment on one of the thumbnails.
Drava Valley_2019_01_11_12_51_53.jpg View attachment 446621

Attachments

• Drava Valley_2019_01_11_13_01_13.jpg
    Drava Valley_2019_01_11_13_01_13.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 28
As to what ftp to use, I set my ftp in BRVR to a nice round number in the override option in the app and that way when I'm in zwofactory (or any of the other workout creators) which use %age of ftp it's easy to see what the actual watts targets would be for each interval.

Here's one I rode today.... created on zwofactory

Attachments

• Tour of Utah, Part 2 (Natural Bridges)_2019_01_11_10_26_19.jpg
    Tour of Utah, Part 2 (Natural Bridges)_2019_01_11_10_26_19.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
As to what ftp to use, I set my ftp in BRVR to a nice round number in the override option in the app
It is one of my issues with BRVR. I love the fact that it bases your FTP on your best 20 minute power time, which is great, and when climbing a really good estimate ... Unless you have a BKool Pro Trainer that deides to give you a huge amount of fairy dust!! My current FTP in BRVR is 468W :rofl: rofl:, using my Garmin Vectors and a FTP Ramp test my real FTP is 220W ... Just a bit of a difference :rofl: It would be more convienient for BRVR to use a figure based on the Best 20 Minute power over the previous 6 weeks ....

... Of course you can always override it, so it's not a critical issue :biggrin:

Top Bottom