BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SmP-62

Well, it's 4 PM on the first day of challenge and @Crook Town AFC has allredy done 2 of 3 ...

Last edited:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Hi Folks,

Sorry I didn't get back earlier I've been a bit busy.

I think you'll find the third is now available... the one from Sault? No excuses now.

When I saw Masterdabber's post this morning I thought, Oh dear, time to put up or shut up. Well I managed it so thanks Smiljan and Dave for your support.
I did the rides in challenge order and the first two were OK, after I'd finished these I thought the third would be a doddle. Wrong! It was worse than the first two put together, literally nothing left in the tank, was dreading the last 5km. Sadly I didn't manage them back to back, I had a short break between all rides (pit stops and refuelling) total time was roughly 6 hours. So chapeau to all the lads and lasses that have done it for real.

Last edited:
Hi Folks,

When I saw Masterdabber's post this morning I thought, Oh dear, time to put up or shut up. Well I managed it so thanks Smiljan and Dave for your support.
I did the rides in challenge order and the first two were OK, after I'd finished these I thought the third would be a doddle. Wrong! It was worse than the first two put together, literally nothing left in the tank, was dreading the last 5km. Sadly I didn't manage them back to back, I had a short break between all rides (pit stops and refuelling) total time was roughly 6 hours. So chapeau to all the lads and lasses that have done it for real.

Sorry to be instrumental in putting you through this but a MASSIVE KUDOS for actually doing it. Impressive!

Dan Lotus

Evening all,

I took out a BRVR subscription in February last year, and then managed not to use it at all..........doh!

Now trying to get my gf back into Cycling, I have added her account to the family membership, which was easy to do, installed the latest version, and then was excited to see the beta for the workouts version, so have installed that for her instead.

Currently trying to download some workouts for her, as the wireless in the garage is a bit so so.
Is the limit for downloaded rides still set at 5?

EDIT: Gutted to see it is only set to 1! Any plans to open this back up to 5?
Sometimes on the day I may need to change the time of the workout, and it would be nice to not have to delete one and download a new one.

Question - when I was on here last, there was talk of being able to ride against other people in real time, not with funky graphics or anything, but maybe just a graphic that tells you how far ahead or behind they are, a bit like it does for the other riders you can select, and I also see the coach facility, which may be similar?

So did the real time 'racing' thing ever happen......?

Thanks

Dan

Last edited:
Hi Folks,

Chapeau Dave. The chaps and chap'ess who do it for real also get to glide downhill between rides for quite a while, so having a pitstop is fair do'es I reckon.

Well done mate. You can have a rest tomorrow now before the league ride on Monday ;-)

Dave

SmP-62

Hi Folks,
.... It was worse than the first two put together, literally nothing left in the tank, was dreading the last 5km. Sadly I didn't manage them back to back, I had a short break between all rides (pit stops and refuelling) total time was roughly 6 hours. So chapeau to all the lads and lasses that have done it for real.

Dave, you have done it right.

To get the 'original' Cingles Brevet, you have to do 3 ascents to Mt.Ventoux in the same day (00:00-24:00): from Bedoin, Sault and Malaucene in 'as you like' order.

It seems that this Brevet was not hard enough, so 4th ride was added ... with MTB trail thru the woods ... for Galeriens Brevet, all 4 in one day ... was done 645x.

Can be even harder? They get out of additional roads ... so the Cingles was doubled ... to get Bicingles Brevet, you have to do all 3 rides twice in the same day ... this masochistic task was done 265x ... 274km (half are descents) and 8800m elevation gain ... you can call it also 'Everesting' (ride the height of Mt.Everest in one day, free choice of the climbs).

Last edited:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
It seems that this Brevet was not hard enough, so 4th ride was added ... with MTB trail thru the woods .
Thanks Smiljan, I'd read that yesterday when I looked the Cinglés challenge up on the internet. What I hadn't realised was that wasn't hard enough for some and that they would attempt each ride twice. Wow something like that must really take some dedication and fitness.

ibooij

Über Member
Hi Dan,

Currently trying to download some workouts for her, as the wireless in the garage is a bit so so.
Is the limit for downloaded rides still set at 5?

EDIT: Gutted to see it is only set to 1! Any plans to open this back up to 5?
Sometimes on the day I may need to change the time of the workout, and it would be nice to not have to delete one and download a new one.

Number of downloads goes up (to 20) when rides that are downloaded are actually ridden. We've done this to prevent people downloading and then deleting constantly, without riding those downloaded videos.

If you need to have the number of downloads increased for you or your girlfriend, please send an email to bigringvr@bigringvr.com.

Question - when I was on here last, there was talk of being able to ride against other people in real time, not with funky graphics or anything, but maybe just a graphic that tells you how far ahead or behind they are, a bit like it does for the other riders you can select, and I also see the coach facility, which may be similar?

So did the real time 'racing' thing ever happen......?

It will happen for sure. Not this trainer season I think, although sometimes thing can get moving quickly. For now you can ride against rides recorded by yourself and others.

Cheers,
Ilja
BigRingVR Team

Reactions: djk
Top Bottom