BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
The guide leading our rides on Tenerife a couple of years ago was a member of the Double Cingles club :eek::eek: ... also a Ironman competitior Including Kona!! Yeah, he wasn't trying while I was dying :headshake::headshake::headshake:

ibooij

Über Member
@Dan Lotus We will be increasing the number of downloads for family members to 20 later today. Also note that downloads can be shared within a family membership, so you effectively have 40 downloads.

If you have any more questions, please ask!

Just noticed something weird while doing a league ride. My speed was going up in 3.6 blocks, not smoothly as it does normally. I.e. 3.6, 7.2, 10.8, 14.4

Everything else seemed ok and the final ride time was OK.

I don't think it was doing it before installing the beta.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Just noticed something weird while doing a league ride. My speed was going up in 3.6 blocks, not smoothly as it does normally. I.e. 3.6, 7.2, 10.8, 14.4

Everything else seemed ok and the final ride time was OK.

I don't think it was doing it before installing the beta.
Hi Dave,
Noticed this a few days ago. Emailed BRVR and, as usual, got a reply within 10 minutes. It's a problem with the display only, speed is still based on power and gradient as it always has been and does not affect ride time. BRVR will fix this at their next beta update.

ibooij

Über Member
Didn't take them long did it!
Couldn't see it on their website, was it mentioned on Strava?

We're a bit lacking in the "News department" at this moment. We're working on updating the news section faster and sending out news emails.

We're planning on releasing workouts for real in a week, so if you have anything you'd like to see in workouts that is not there yet, please let us know. Of course, we'll be updating workouts (and the rest of the app), all the time, so whatever comes later will come later!

Cheers,
Ilja

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
so if you have anything you'd like to see in workouts that is not there yet, please let us know.
This is just me thinking here but I've never been very good at keeping a constant cadence. So if your're working to a target cadence could there be a visual aid or something to help keep in step? (I downloaded a metronome app once thinking that would help but was a bit fiddly trying to change settings when there was a step change in cadence)

I might have mentioned this other one before but are you planning to add workouts to Heart Rate as well as ftp?

Lastly, are you planing to add your own ftp test to your workouts at some time in the future?

Reactions: djk

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Lastly, are you planing to add your own ftp test to your workouts at some time in the future?
Create your own using zwobuilder ... There is a downloadable file from somewhere that does a ramp test for FTP, which is a bit better than a 20 minute constant effort test ... the only issue with a ramp test is that it must be done to failure.

Here You Go GP Lamas Ramp Test

ibooij

Über Member
This is just me thinking here but I've never been very good at keeping a constant cadence. So if your're working to a target cadence could there be a visual aid or something to help keep in step? (I downloaded a metronome app once thinking that would help but was a bit fiddly trying to change settings when there was a step change in cadence)

The target cadence will be yellow if you are > 10% off, red if you are > 15% off. Is that something you're looking for, or do you need something else?

I might have mentioned this other one before but are you planning to add workouts to Heart Rate as well as ftp?

We have not planned for this yet, also because with smart trainers, we always have power numbers, which often work much better than HR numbers for tracking workouts.

Definite YES. We will probably use a 20min test (with warm-up, some primers etc before the actual test). We will use a free ride part for the actual test in which you will be able select the grade to which the trainer will be set.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Create your own using zwobuilder ... There is a downloadable file from somewhere that does a ramp test for FTP, which is a bit better than a 20 minute constant effort test ... the only issue with a ramp test is that it must be done to failure.

Here You Go GP Lamas Ramp Test
That's a beast to do. Make sure you are well warmed up and when you think you've had enough do another 2 1/2 minutes. Apparently everyone says they could have done more :whistle:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Create your own using zwobuilder ...
I downloaded one of the ftp tests but its blurb said that it would state ftp after the test, I wasn't sure if this would work with BRVR. The last thing I wanted was to complete the test and miss the figure.

The target cadence will be yellow if you are > 10% off, red if you are > 15% off. Is that something you're looking for, or do you need something else?
Now that I know what the colour coding is then that's fine. Slightly off topic, one thing I hadn't realised when I first used the workout feature was that you could easily adjust the power level mid ride.
Definite YES. We will probably use a 20min test (with warm-up, some primers etc before the actual test). We will use a free ride part for the actual test in which you will be able select the grade to which the trainer will be set.
:smile:

Top Bottom