BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ibooij

Über Member
I see some of you are using workouts. Thanks for that. If you have any feedback, both positive and negative/critical, please shoot! I have a pretty thick skin, so please be brutally honest if necessary.

Cheers,
Ilja

I see some of you are using workouts. Thanks for that. If you have any feedback, both positive and negative/critical, please shoot! I have a pretty thick skin, so please be brutally honest if necessary.
Cheers,
Ilja

It seems great so far, but it would be nice if there was the ability to toggle on/off audio prompts for power changes perhaps. Sometimes I'm staring at my stem and miss the change..

I do wonder as well if the display is getting a bit cluttered with info. I'm not sure whether seeing the next 10 (or whatever amount) segments brings me? You're probably going to say I can already turn it off and I just haven't looked .

Are you guys planding your own workout builder?

That said I am enjoying this new feature, if only in some sort of twisted way

Keep up the great work

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR

Cheers,
Ilja

In workout mode could it be possible to suspend the "Resume unfinished Ride" feature if the workout finishes before the ride?

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Here's a radical question.

Do you need video in workout mode? Would it give a cleaner and improved workout interface to remove the playback and just concentrate on targets?
Then you may as well use BKool, Sufferfest or TrainerRoad!

I like the ability to ride a climb in workout mode ... I guess I could do it using two ANT+ Sticks, with TR running a workout and controlling resistance, and BRVR using the trainer as a dumb trainer and getting power from my Vectors

ibooij

Über Member
It seems great so far, but it would be nice if there was the ability to toggle on/off audio prompts for power changes perhaps. Sometimes I'm staring at my stem and miss the change..

We've been thinking of using something like the time trial countdown before each interval:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhwqU24zN6A

I do wonder as well if the display is getting a bit cluttered with info. I'm not sure whether seeing the next 10 (or whatever amount) segments brings me? You're probably going to say I can already turn it off and I just haven't looked .

That's indeed a concern. You can turn the interval list off indeed, using the 'R' key. That's the same key you can use to turn off the Ranking when in "normal" ride mode. That said, most people ride with the default setup, so the list taking up all this space is something that is important. We've tried making it narrower, but that didn't help the readibility of the text. I personally like being able to see what's ahead, but I can imagine that not everybody has the same kind of needs.

Are you guys planding your own workout builder?

We have a plan for doing that, but nothing concrete yet. We'll first have to work on the UI to make sure we have can work on this. It's certainly not at the top of the list as zwofactory.com seems to be a good alternative. We do aim to get more workouts into the system in the short term.

That said I am enjoying this new feature, if only in some sort of twisted way

I understand what kind of "enjoying" you mean. We cyclist do like to inflict some pain on ourselves. I personally did not anticipate liking this feature as much as I do.

ibooij

Über Member
Oh and is it me or is the use of the word 'Lap' wrong for the cadence and power. Shouldn't that be 'Target' or something?

It uses the average power output during the current interval, so it might be different from the target power. In reality, it won't be to far off of course.

As for videos: I think we'll stick with them always. I wouldn't know why one would use BRVR without them. We want to do a bit more integration between workouts and videos by having a user first select a workout and then recommend a video to go with that workout. That's for the future though.

It uses the average power output during the current interval, so it might be different from the target power. In reality, it won't be to far off of course.

As for videos: I think we'll stick with them always. I wouldn't know why one would use BRVR without them. We want to do a bit more integration between workouts and videos by having a user first select a workout and then recommend a video to go with that workout. That's for the future though.

Spot on with the audio prompts, that would be ideal I think.

I guessed you guys had already thought about the intervals list

I'd also like to thank you (and the rest of BRVR dev team) for requesting input from the group on here. It's really refreshing to see developers actively encouraging user feedback. Controversial suggestions or not, open dialog oftens result in better outcomes

Top Bottom