BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'll be out of the league for quite a while unfortunately. I was already slipping behind considerably of course, but there is no way that I can do any rides for at least 2 months. When I will return to do rides, it'll be slow flat rides.
Reason: I managed to break my left femur in a slow crash on August 6th. I was enjoying a slow sunny ride in southern France, after having arrived there the day before. Coming to a crossroads in a village I turned left and hit a patch of road full of gravel. Front wheel slipped, I fell and immediately felt that something was very wrong. Luckily it was in the middle of a village so my screams for help where acted on immediately. A few people helped me directly, some were directing traffic around me (I was literally in the middle of the street and could not move), and somebody else called an ambulance.

After that it was 8 days in hospital with an operation, then a long day traveling home with an 2 1/2 hour ambulance ride to the airport, flight from Marseille to Schiphol and a short ambulance ride to our house. I'm happy to be home and amongst people with whom I can converse normally, instead of trying to in my limited French. Not happy to be mostly immobile though.

I'm hoping to be able to get out of bed by myself in a week or so and to be able to ride on the trainer in about 2 months.

Ouch! Unlucky @ibooij get well soon and take care of yourself.

ibooij

Über Member
Thanks for kind words all!

In two weeks (September 19th) I'll go the hospital to get some new x-ray photos and a check-up. Hopefully I'll get the green light then to start putting weight on my left leg and go ride on the trainer. At very low power and for 5 minutes at a time probably, but still.
I'm a lot more mobile than I was, which is nice. Being able to pick up the children from school is pretty nice, even if the normal 3 minute walk has been turned into a 10 minute stumble on crutches.

Thanks for kind words all!

In two weeks (September 19th) I'll go the hospital to get some new x-ray photos and a check-up. Hopefully I'll get the green light then to start putting weight on my left leg and go ride on the trainer. At very low power and for 5 minutes at a time probably, but still.
I'm a lot more mobile than I was, which is nice. Being able to pick up the children from school is pretty nice, even if the normal 3 minute walk has been turned into a 10 minute stumble on crutches.

You're probably still quicker than me mate, crutches or not :laugh:
Take it easy and heal healthy

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Have I missed an announcement? Has the league come shuddering to an inglorious end?
I'm really not trying to be rude here, but I've got 4 rides going back 3 weeks waiting to updated. A fortnight ago @BRVR_User pointed out that we had no threads for rides 31 & 32 and I can't see that that's been sorted, although @Whorty has got times up so maybe I'm missing something.
Am I being particularly daft or are we missing threads/topics for the Iseran (South) and Bonneval climbs? I can’t see where to post my ride times in the forum? @Aleman
The last ride close date is looming large, I know we're not using the close dates currently but even so I would have thought we'd be using start dates not end dates for when new rides got added.
I've posted a couple of ride times up in the past couple of days and normally you'd get a like, now, I'm absolutely not begging for likes here, but as I haven't had any I was wondering if everyone had just given up?
I'll repeat myself, I'm not trying to be rude nor am I in any way ungrateful for the work that's been done, but it'd be nice to know what's going on.

Last edited:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I just hope @Aleman is ok.
So do I SmP, he's not been around much at all recently. But no one else has either, it's most odd.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
So do I SmP, he's not been around much at all recently. But no one else has either, it's most odd.
I've been around on Zwift but not ridden as much on BRVR. I did all those other rides some time ago when @Aleman added them to the league. Not seen him around much either - he hasn't been on the Zwift Splitter thread and not seen him riding so not sure what's happened to him. He did say he was having some problems - again, hope he's OK.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Sorry guys, a complete lack of motivation for anything cycling has seen me neglect, the league as well as my bike. I've also been putting in a new driveway which has left me pretty knackered to not even want to crawl to my desk and see what you have been up to ... I've brought the ride list up to date, Watch out there are some stinkers in there :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've also brought the times up to date as well (Hopefully - If I've missed yours give me a prod)

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Sorry guys, a complete lack of motivation for anything cycling has seen me neglect, the league as well as my bike. I've also been putting in a new driveway which has left me pretty knackered to not even want to crawl to my desk and see what you have been up to ... I've brought the ride list up to date, Watch out there are some stinkers in there :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've also brought the times up to date as well (Hopefully - If I've missed yours give me a prod)
Welcome back 👍

Perky77

Hi all, below is a repeat of what I've just posted on the bkool thread

It's a while since being on here as have been using traineroad and more recently Sufferfest which is great as it gives you targeted cadence which makes it harder
I am doing two events in November and March which involve 8000m climbing in three days and 10,800m climbing in four days.

I was going to sign up to BigRingVR to do at least one mountain climb a week as part of my training but have been reading that the Bkool app has really improved since I was last on it, just over 2 years ago until I was seduced by the dark side!

BigRingVR appeals for the HD videos but Bkool appeals as it will have my old times that I can use to judge where I am fitness wise

Have any of you kind ladies and gents used both recently and got any comments?

olmosteel

Not up to your standard, only achieved 8 minutes off my last time and that was on Zwift a lesser distance than the BigringVR video.

Top Bottom