BigRingVR - The new leader of the pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SmP-62

@Aleman Any chance we can keep the league rides open for an extra week or 2 please? I want to complete the BRVR TdF and I won't be able to do both this week.

Pretty, pretty please :tongue:

You can see Aleman's plan (just to the end of TdF Challenge), if you open the Goats League Spreadsheet

The rides there are correct numbered and with (logical) open and closing dates.

BRVR Climbs.JPG

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
You can see Aleman's plan (just to the end of TdF Challenge), if you open the Goats League Spreadsheet

The rides there are correct numbered and with (logical) open and closing dates.

View attachment 476500
Yep, all good with the spreadsheet. The question was to keep some of the rides open longer so I can complete them next week .... E.g. . passo gaiu should close yesterday but I haven't had chance to do it yet. I think aleman is all good .

Whorty

Yo, @Aleman, you good looking, kind, generous young man :rose: (is that enough buttering up :biggrin: )

Just saw you opened up Col De L'Iseren as stage 31 .... I did this on Friday as part of the BRVR TdF league .... this was obviously a few days before you opened the stage on the league ..... do you think you will force me to ride up this vicious, painful, steep, hard ride again, or will you let me have the time of 1:05:52

Also, stage 22 is closed (Passo Giau) but I haven't done it yet. If I do it this week will you include that in the league? (As only a 4 or 5 of us are doing the league at the moment I'm hoping you'll be fine with this :hugs:

Did I ever mention how young and handsome you look? :biggrin:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Yo, @Aleman, you good looking, kind, generous young man :rose: (is that enough buttering up :biggrin: )

<Snip>

Did I ever mention how young and handsome you look? :biggrin:
Please stop butt kissing, and NO TONGUES :eek: you are tickling my tonsils :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Stage 22 is closed (Passo Giau) but I haven't done it yet. If I do it this week will you include that in the league? (As only a 4 or 5 of us are doing the league at the moment I'm hoping you'll be fine with this :hugs:
As there is already a precedent been set to allow attempts on rides that have closed, then that will be adequate ( Especially as I've decided to try and ride the Current (closing) ride, the New Ride, and one of the 'Closed' Rides each week to catch up!! :eek::eek::eek:, so not shooting myself in the foot !! )

Just saw you opened up Col De L'Iseren as stage 31 .... I did this on Friday as part of the BRVR TdF league .... this was obviously a few days before you opened the stage on the league ..... do you think you will force me to ride up this vicious, painful, steep, hard ride again, or will you let me have the time of 1:05:52
Ahhh, now this is more complex. You see there have been times in the past when people have ridden the ride before it opens either by mistake or to fit in in with a BRVR challenge ... and then they have ridden it again for the Goats League! :evil: Anyway, I'm sure you are more than capable of beating 1:05:52 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

What do the jury think??

Whorty

Please stop butt kissing, and NO TONGUES :eek: you are tickling my tonsils :rofl::rofl::rofl:

As there is already a precedent been set to allow attempts on rides that have closed, then that will be adequate ( Especially as I've decided to try and ride the Current (closing) ride, the New Ride, and one of the 'Closed' Rides each week to catch up!! :eek::eek::eek:, so not shooting myself in the foot !! )

Ahhh, now this is more complex. You see there have been times in the past when people have ridden the ride before it opens either by mistake or to fit in in with a BRVR challenge ... and then they have ridden it again for the Goats League! :evil: Anyway, I'm sure you are more than capable of beating 1:05:52 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

What do the jury think??
It was worth a try ... don't ask you don't get :biggrin: I'll redo .... I mean, it wasn't that hard first time :crazy: Of course, I now have the pressure of beating my original time :training:

I'll try and catch up with all the ones I've missed too ... I hate to see gaps in the leagues :okay:

Last edited:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I'll try and catch up with all the ones I've missed too ... I hate to see gaps in the leagues :okay:
It's about time some others started to catch up with the ones they've missed, mentioning no names of course :whistle:

ibooij

Über Member
I'll be out of the league for quite a while unfortunately. I was already slipping behind considerably of course, but there is no way that I can do any rides for at least 2 months. When I will return to do rides, it'll be slow flat rides.
Reason: I managed to break my left femur in a slow crash on August 6th. I was enjoying a slow sunny ride in southern France, after having arrived there the day before. Coming to a crossroads in a village I turned left and hit a patch of road full of gravel. Front wheel slipped, I fell and immediately felt that something was very wrong. Luckily it was in the middle of a village so my screams for help where acted on immediately. A few people helped me directly, some were directing traffic around me (I was literally in the middle of the street and could not move), and somebody else called an ambulance.

After that it was 8 days in hospital with an operation, then a long day traveling home with an 2 1/2 hour ambulance ride to the airport, flight from Marseille to Schiphol and a short ambulance ride to our house. I'm happy to be home and amongst people with whom I can converse normally, instead of trying to in my limited French. Not happy to be mostly immobile though.

I'm hoping to be able to get out of bed by myself in a week or so and to be able to ride on the trainer in about 2 months.

Top Bottom