Bike fast fit app

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
image.jpg

Retül video from their website shows similar for positioning?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Arguably that is just a case of a poorly drawn diagram (note the ankle dot and hip dot are where the joints would roughly be, it is only the knee point that is way off) and the true intention is to measure along lines passing through the joints, who knows. But go with the joints.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I have not because with regard to my riding interests, the correct bike fit is the fastest one, a Retul or any other bike fit of this kind can not provide you with the information required to achieve this. Just look at the recommended range of angles quoted above as the recommended range, that is a huge range, one which could well be equivalent to several cm variance in saddle height, a range so large it could have HUGE impacts on both power production and aerodynamics, something a bike fit system like Retul can not evaluate.

I make changes (sometimes based on advice, sometimes on a hunch or educated guess, sometimes out of curiosity) and then using trial and error, test them in the real world, I then use Kinovea to make measurements where appropriate and record them.

The only serious thought I have given to a "professional fit" beyond going to the wind tunnel or having an aero testing consultation on a velodrome, is to get my cleat position (angle and side to side position) looked at, which I will probably do because I can not get 100% happy with the right foot.

Last edited:

bpsmith

Veteran
Only asking, as wondering what it's like in reality. Rather expensive tbh. I had my bikes fitted the old school way when I bought them, but been tweaking since noticing that my saddle was as far back as they can go on both bikes and was pretty certain this East the case when they were done. Should have made a note of their position tbh but too late now. I feel that I have lost power too, which might be down to the saddle position, hence the tweaking.

I think I will invest in the App and see how I get on. Will post back when I have given it a go.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I think with this it would be easy to keep track of things and changes . For example , if I adjust my saddle to get my knee angle at the top end of the range then I know the adjustments I can make on my saddle and still be in the guideline range for optimal output :eek: I can then ride the bike and test what is the best for me within that range .

maltloaf

For anyone that's interested there's a similar (although not as comprehensive app) available for android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mantapix.android.theroadiebikefit

I've bought it but not had time to try it yet

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I think with this it would be easy to keep track of things and changes . For example , if I adjust my saddle to get my knee angle at the top end of the range then I know the adjustments I can make on my saddle and still be in the guideline range for optimal output :eek: I can then ride the bike and test what is the best for me within that range .

And what if the optimal angle is outside of that range? :tongue: As is the case for a few of the fastest (and known to be super aero) domestic timetriallist's (I am talking in a race context since it seemed to be the new TT bike that set you off on your bike fitting quest :smile:).

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
And what if the optimal angle is outside of that range? :tongue: As is the case for a few of the fastest (and known to be super aero) domestic timetriallist's (I am talking in a race context since it seemed to be the new TT bike that set you off on your bike fitting quest :smile:).
I understand what you are saying and it's for me to find out but I need to learn the basics first before I start to look outside of those right ? You need to know the boundaries before you can start pushing them ?

bpsmith

Veteran
That's my plan. Get back to basics within the parameters advised by the App. Then try out the extremes, before testing slightly outside of that if required.

Top Bottom