Bike fast fit app

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
How are you finding the app @bpsmith ? Had time to play yet ?
Not bought it yet, but planning on doing so. Got the bike stripped for a good clean up and chain, brakes and pedal replacement.

Will wax the frame when stripped too! :smile:

Then a full refit with the App once done. Definitely going to get it though.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
ahhh ok . Ive been having a bit of a play , still a bit messy but better than the last one :laugh: Apart from cutting my top half off !
You can slow the vid down in the app so things are not popping up and away so fast .
Now ive got to try and get it on here :blink:

jiberjaber

Veteran
What this doesn't do, which a in person bike fit does, is measure your actual ranges of flexibility - that's what the bike fitter then should use to ensure a comfortable fit (subject to the purpose of your riding desire). Your physical dimensions may give some recommendations, but if not aligned to your actual flexibility then its probably going to be uncomfortable. So whilst this is all quoting ranges, its where your body is relative to that range which might be more important.

Now if they could add something like measuring body flexibility to the app it would be quite good... though its not a bad start at the idea. :smile:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I agree that it cant do everything a pro bike fit can but personally I'm not using it for that purpose . I'm using it to look at what I am doing while also learning what I want / need to do .
One of the vids I took I slid forward on the saddle and then sat back on the saddle while keeping the same position on the bars . When looking at this with the app and taking the angles I noticed that my knee angle varied by 8* . That 8* would bring the angle within the recommended range and confirmed my thoughts that the saddle could maybe go back a little rather than up .
Weather the recommended range is the correct position for me is another story but for now playing with the recommended ranges and looking at what changes on the bike do to the positions of my body is quite a good learning experience .

U

User6179

ahhh ok . Ive been having a bit of a play , still a bit messy but better than the last one :laugh: Apart from cutting my top half off !
You can slow the vid down in the app so things are not popping up and away so fast .
Now ive got to try and get it on here :blink:

If you paid £50 for that seat then you are only sitting on £10.50s worth :smile:

U

User6179

Cant see your back properly but looks like you are bending with your back instead of your pelvis which is why your on the edge of the seat and your knee is way past KOPS by the look of it ,well that's my amateur opinion :smile:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Cant see your back properly but looks like you are bending with your back instead of your pelvis which is why your on the edge of the seat and your knee is way past KOPS by the look of it ,well that's my amateur opinion :smile:
Yes I'm over it by 912mm so again suggesting my seat could go back .
I'm not sure I'm bending with my back but I will check what I am doing with regards to that this evening :thumbsup: and I paid a lot more than £50 for the seat :laugh:

U

User6179

Yes I'm over it by 912mm so again suggesting my seat could go back .
I'm not sure I'm bending with my back but I will check what I am doing with regards to that this evening :thumbsup: and I paid a lot more than £50 for the seat :laugh:

You also seem to be on your tip toes , suggest your cleats are forward on the shoes , fine if that is where you like them but I found it hurt my calf muscles and I get more power down with the cleats all the way as far back as they go which is backed up by some research done on time trialling , forward cleat position better for sprinting/climbing .
If I was you I would start with cleat position as if you get everything else perfect and then adjust cleats it will mess everything else up again .

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
That's something I have noticed before but didn't realise how much it was until now . The cleats are just where I like them , or how I had them for the road bikes . I might try moving them but I remember playing with them before and they ended up where they are now .

U

User6179

That's something I have noticed before but didn't realise how much it was until now . The cleats are just where I like them , or how I had them for the road bikes . I might try moving them but I remember playing with them before and they ended up where they are now .

If your happy keep them where they are , I know the trouble it causes if you move them from what you are used to .

bpsmith

Veteran
Downloaded the App in January and still not used it. Going to set up soon and give it a proper go on the trainer.

In the meantime, I have been trying it out using the demo video in the App.

Am I mistaken, but I assumed that it did realtime angles based on where you positioned the points. What I mean is, I thought this then traced those points when you hit play. Basically giving you moving real time angles, allowing you to see the max and min angles for any given metric. Am I completely off the mark here @Cuchilo ?

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
No it doesn't trace them but you can slow down the vid and pause it at any point you want . Then join the dots up to give you a new angle . Given that the points and angles you need to know are specific there's no need to know what angle your leg or arm is unless its at that point . Is there ?

bpsmith

Veteran
Such is true. I just thought it tracked them and could save time getting the average as your body moves around. At least I know it doesn't do it, instead if faffing for ages in vain!

Going to give it a shot this week sometime, albeit awkward without a tripod.

Top Bottom