Bike Fit Help Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Spoons47

Spoons47

So A pain Free 10 miles and deliberately chose a couple of my not favourite hills. Actually there was a pain................in the shape of 22MPH gusts of wind lol.
felt very powerful in the peddle stroke. but im not the Tinker man for nothing you know, so the 110mm stem might yet make an appearance! there is Riser stem in my little bike area of the garage thats talking to me lol.
Have a good weekend all and I won't bother you all with any more videos.

OP
OP
Spoons47

Spoons47

Lower back pain is often a sign of a weak core.
see this from an earlier post
Also spoke to a friend of a friend who is a physiotherapist, she said that i have narrow shoulders and a skinny arse and am also very flexible. She also said after seeing that last vid if I do some planks and kettle bell swings to tune up my core the slight hip rocking is not an issue. Another plus is very strong when standing up on the hoods.

vickster

Legendary Member
see this from an earlier post
Also spoke to a friend of a friend who is a physiotherapist, she said that i have narrow shoulders and a skinny arse and am also very flexible. She also said after seeing that last vid if I do some planks and kettle bell swings to tune up my core the slight hip rocking is not an issue. Another plus is very strong when standing up on the hoods.
Make sure you have someone show you how to do kettlebells with correct form or you could do much more har, than good. See the physio?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Too upright and I get a lot of lower back pain, having a herniated disc down there does not help, so for me it is lower rather than higher on the bars.
I was surprised to find out that that is true for me too. I had been raising my bars and bringing them closer to me, thinking that it would ease my aching back, but then I borrowed a cousin's bike when I was on holiday. It was the same type of frame and size as my best bike but his bike had a lower, longer stem and it felt much more comfortable than my bike. I have now lowered the bars on my bikes and fitted a longer stem on one of them. I have a longer back and shorter legs than typical for someone of my height (6' 1" tall, 32" inseam) and I think my original position was making me bend too much at the lower back. I'm much better with my back stretched out.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
FWIW 5ft 9 &1/2 and ride a 54cm.
A few years back I was sitting in a bike shop cafe and someone asked the store manager about the size of my bike and he brought out a tape and said it was too big for me. I'd done nearly 25,000 miles on the bike, including Flanders,the LBL and numerous centuries in comfort and without injury but this got me paranoid. I checked some blurb on fits by the most sporty fit it was indeed about 0.5cm too big but for the comfort fits it was up to 2cm too small. That put my mind at rest I've since done over 40,000miles on the bike, the 312, Flanders again, LEJOG and numerous other centuries and long rides.:okay:
Odd , 5 foot 7 " with 30 inside leg and ride 54 top tube bikes because thats the smallest i could get on C2W, with a 90 and 110 stems dependant on the bar reach .I dont run much drop maybe 4-5 cm .
Kind of fits in with a longer back fit.

Top Bottom