Bike fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

huwsparky

Über Member
If you actually take note is pretty common for people to have their saddle set too low. When I started cycling I rode around on my bike with the saddle 2inches too low, felt liberated when I got it right.

I generally take a look at novice cyclists and help them out if they'll listen!

macky

I had a seat lift of 2-3inch when I had a fit. Moved forward a little too. Seems so much easier now.

Duffy

Über Member
I've been trying hard to find justification for a bike fit, this is definitely helping!

Hoping for good results for you

:smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
I've been trying hard to find justification for a bike fit, this is definitely helping!

Hoping for good results for you

:smile:
Do you suffer any injuries or dodgy joints generally? If so, based on personal experience, try if at all possible use a physio to do the fit rather than an LBS staff member without any medical training: Just my twopennorth

I am considering a bike fit next year as a burpday prezzie as adrian timmis has dropped his prices form £185 to £110 .

He hasn't actually - for £185 you used to ...and still do get custom footbeds. But you can pay £110 for the fit only. Ive been to him a couple of times - very good.

I found that when I was younger I didn't need a fit - but as I get older I need things more precise. Any new bike I get I will be popping down to AT.

TyrannosaurusTreks

Formerly known as Giantbadge
I was recently offered a free bike fit from my dealer due to problems with a bike I purchased.
I thought as it was free I would give it a go, I did feel very comfy on both my bikes though.
Things they found on the fit was:
Uneven pressure on my inner arch of feet - new insole.
Cleat position moved.
Seat height raised 25mm & wider seat needed.
Stem changed by 10mm
Gel pads & tape on bars to help with my scafoid injury.
Well I went out for a 20 mile ride & really noticed the seat height change but after around 5 miles my wrist & shoulder blades & neck were in pain my hands were knumb.
By the time I got to 15 miles I couldn’t wait to get off the bike in real pain, even my feet were knumb I just couldn’t relax.
It took a week for me to get back pain free,
I have dropped the seat post back down & reverted back to my comfy seat, so yesterday I did 15 miles & felt a lot more comfortable.
I could relax & enjoy my ride, I am still getting knumb feet & hands so do I change cleats back as well or stick with it.
The fit was free but with my 2 road bikes fitted with new parts it was £190, I’ve taken the seats back as they were the same width as mine just a slight change in profile.

TyrannosaurusTreks

Formerly known as Giantbadge
It was a gesture of good will from the owner as i had lots of problems with my road e.
I wish he offered my a jersey instead now, i think I will try to get it back to my original settings.

Top Bottom