bike for my son

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sparty69

Hi, this is my first post on here. I've only been riding a short time but am loving it. At 41yrs old, it's been a while since I rode, but I'm slowly building up my fitness and the distance I'm riding. My 10 year old son has recently expressed an interest in riding and having had a quick look round at what's available, I'm astounded by how much I'd have to spend to get him a road bike!. It's the age old problem of wanting to encourage him, but at the same time edging my bets in case he decides 12 months down the line that something more interesting has come along. Firstly, does anyone have a secondhand bike for sale that would suit, if not, secondly, any suggestions as to the best route to take and any bike reccommendations would be welcome. Thanks.

crumpetman

www.islabikes.co.uk not cheap but you will still be able to sell it at a decent price should you choose to.

ChrisKH

Guru
[QUOTE 1205722"]
I can vouch for the fact that they hold their value, having sold a couple on.
[/quote]

+1.

OP
OP
S

sparty69

Mmm, seems I've missed a few sales!!, don't suppose there's anybody wanting to get rid of one now is there??

jay clock

Massive member
We have two Islabikes, and about to sell the 20" wheel one, pass down the 24" one and buy a 26". They are simply the best for quality.

lukesdad

We have two Islabikes, and about to sell the 20" wheel one, pass down the 24" one and buy a 26". They are simply the best for quality.

Is that the Benin your selling jc Im looking for one for my 6 year old.

OP
OP
S

sparty69

I bought this for my sons 10th birthday http://www.tredz.co....-Bike_29839.htm and he absolutely loves it. Within weeks he was up to cycling 20 miles no problem. I posted a thread about it.... http://www.cyclechat..._1#entry1350545

jay

I'd also seen the Dawes and thought it looked as though it would be suitable. Also, a little bit cheaper than the islabikes. I managed to find one at £289.99, which seems to be the cheapest on the internet. Thanks for all your replies. I'll keep looking on ebay between now and christmas, hopefully I'll be able to pick something up.

Top Bottom