Bike sale during lockdown

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
Put in a good description on ebay, and I'm sure someone will buy that's local. Second hand bikes are selling well on ebay. Give it a good clean, and show how good it is in the photos - there is a load of rough stuff out there.

I hope my listing has done it justice. There's a fair bit of interest (44 watchers at the last check) and it has one bid, so it will sell. But of course I have no idea if the watchers are local. Probably not, as they usually contact you to offer a silly price and 'pick it up this afternoon if that's OK' if they're within a few miles.

I've just looked at where you are, that's a long poke from Bristol. I doubt if anyone would risk collecting it, or if they did I doubt they'd get to you without being stopped if it's as strict as you say. I'd go with Shiply as well. I used them once and it's a relatively pain free service. I accepted a quote for I think £55 to ship a motorbike from my house (plymouth) to an address 180 miles away. I was chatting to the driver, and he said it's a good system, because they do a delivery and then can quote really cheap to take your parcel back, becasue they'd have to drive back anyway so might as well be laden and £55 better off

Thanks. I have amended the listing to mention courier collection if required.

The risks of being stopped are quite low, I think. A single person in a car sticking to major routes is probably going to be OK. The Police tend to stop cars/campers with groups of people in, on the roads that head to Tenby etc. But it's a definite possibility which would ruin a smooth sale. To be honest, after the scenes in London this weekend, I reckon a lot of people are going to say 'sod it' and take a chance. Lockdown is looking optional to some people. Not saying that is right, but ...

OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
Just to add, I would take photos or video the bike being loaded up and taken away.

Good shout. I have done that when I have sold a motorbike with a courier collecting (one guy refused to give me a receipt, so a photo was all I had). Makes sense to do it with a bike as well.

Top Bottom