Bike Set up ....any thoughts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimmy Welch

My bike doesnt feel just right any thoughts from my video , bear in mind there's minimal resistance on turbo

OP
OP
J

Jimmy Welch

Video attd

vickster

Legendary Member
Still no video.
What sort of bike? What doesn't feel right? How? Does it feel ok riding outside? (turbo is always uncomfortable / feels different for me as one don't move around much if at all)
Have you followed the various bike set up guides available online?
@cyberknight has a good one

OP
OP
J

Jimmy Welch

Problem with upload of video should be here

Attachments

• IMG_20210704_150956MP.jpg
    IMG_20210704_150956MP.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 12
  • VID_20210706_120407_exported_32557.jpg
    VID_20210706_120407_exported_32557.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 11
Saddle needs to go forwards and upwards slightly as your knee is well behind the pedal spindle at the 6/12 o’clock positions

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I’d say straight away your saddle height needs to go up a bit making your leg almost straight, although that in itself shouldn’t give you he feeling your entire position is wrong. Could also try moving the saddle fore or aft.
Apart from that all looks fine.
The turbo is an artificial situation so are you saying it’s only on the road you think it’s not right?

What I wouldn’t give for a slice of that pork pie :rolleyes:

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
I'd be cautious of bike fitting from that photo, the saddle might be able to go up a little, but it's high enough to be acceptable, so I'd ideally want to see a video from the side, and also from the rear.

If you have a gmail account you will be able to upload the video to youtube and paste the link from there into here.

The order of fitting is
Pedals>Saddle>Bars
Pedals are positioned by length of crank.
Saddle is positioned up-down to place the heel on pedal with straight leg.Then fore-aft to place knee pivot over pedal axle. Then recheck both.
Bars are positioned in reach and height for personal preference with relaxed shoulders, flexed elbows and straight wrist.. Usually in range between 2cm above saddle to 10cm below.
Brake levers are positioned for comfort, up and down and in rotation.

Newer riders will alter their optimum position as they get used to riding. You dont start out riding like a pro.

Top Bottom