Bkool future products

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bkool

Hey folks, it's Bkool here. We are looking for Bkoolers' ideas and thought this would be a great place to start. Here is our question:

We are planning future Bkool products. What would you like to have on a trainer that the Bkool Pro does not have?

We appreciate your thoughts! :cycle:

User269

The trainer's perfectly alright as it is.

The software isn't.

g00se

Veteran
Direct drive?
Transmits power, cadence etc on ANT+ so the stats can be picked up by various head units, not just the computer?
Power calibration so that change of tyre pressure or bike doesn't skew output so much?
Self-powering? Uses the resistance unit as a 'dynamo' to supply electricity. Maybe a replaceable, rechargeable battery in there too - so that the ANT+ system can be started in advance for paring with software.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Software first , Bluetooth second, software 3rd.

And when software sorted how about taking some of the more popular routes and upgrading the graphics to something like swifts? Looking pretty good as it is but some improvements such as how you look on the bike matching your physique and gender and possibly allowing you to make visa me gestures when riding. A nod or a lance Armstrong style stare or punching the air! Tucking in when going down hill?

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
On the hardware side, I'm another one for Direct drive, and transmit power, speed, etc. on ANT+ (not just ANT) and also on Bluetooth.

Direct drive is so much better, as it eliminates tyre slip (and wear) and also places the bike at the normal height, so riding feels more natural. If the new hardware is above the Pro in the price range, this is a natural way to go.

Give it a built in power meter to allow for better calibration, or at least allow it to be calibrated from an external power meter.

P.S. I would also agree that the software would be a better investment than the hardware, as staying ahead of Zwift would seem critical for Bkool's long term success. Personally I much prefer the Bkool schema, with the "ride any route in 3D" principle and less of a computer "game" feel, more of a training aid and ride indoors as though you were outdoors. But Zwift have a real marketing edge and the Bkool software will need to be much superior to come out on top!

We already have another thread with ideas for the software, implementing the majority of those suggestions would be a great way to go ... :thumbsup:

Thanks for asking! ^_^

Geoff

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bkool

Bkool

That was a good start! Thank you everyone for your feedback.
And of course we will continue improving our simulator and adding new features as usual :addict:

Many thanks!

Steering would be fun. It was on the first VR trainer I had from Ultracoach ( now Netalthlon) way back in 1999. Also I am having a tough time explaining how to set up BSIM on a PC to a couple of my old freinds in another state. When I say old freinds I mean "Of a certain age". Anyway it would be nice if you sold a pre-programed PC Stick like this ---- iView Cyber PC Stick with Windows 8.1 with 1.33GHz Quad Core, 32GB Memory-- with the Bsim already on it and a USB extension cable. .

bobinski

Legendary Member
On the hardware side, I'm another one for Direct drive, and transmit power, speed, etc. on ANT+ (not just ANT) and also on Bluetooth.

P.S. I would also agree that the software would be a better investment than the hardware, as staying ahead of Zwift would seem critical for Bkool's long term success. Personally I much prefer the Bkool schema, with the "ride any route in 3D" principle and less of a computer "game" feel, more of a training aid and ride indoors as though you were outdoors. But Zwift have a real marketing edge and the Bkool software will need to be much superior to come out on top!

Thanks for asking! ^_^

Geoff

Sadly Bkool is loosing out to zwift in any media assessment of training software. Testers won't get past the confusing software. While they embrace Zwifts easy usability. But that's not surprising. It does mean they don't get to appreciate bkool offers so much more. Yet, as Zwifft introduces more courses mixed up with excellent training plans bkool is at risk of appearing difficult to use and so loosing customers. We don't want that! Nor I hope, do you bkool!
Speak to and engage with some of the more knowledgeable users here like Geoff . You can see he is itching to help!

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Hi BKool

I was only looking at the BKool products just yesterday and wanted to know if I could set one of your systems onto my generic rollers?

Reason Im asking is I really dont want another bicycle training system in my small flat, I really do like my rollers and a BKool turbo trainer, or any turbo trainer isn't something Id want

I also use Garmin products if that could be integrated somehow?

If not? it'd be something Id want

keke

- ANT+ power broadcast so training can be recorded on other devices
- Thank you for FE+C support!
- Build route search / scheduler into Simulator - current system of website plus simulator is confusing
- Mini-map overlay on video feed so you can tell where you are roughly without switching to map view
- remote control by smart phone app

Barnowl930

Please Bkool make what you've got already work . Forget new products you already have what's needed for most people training indoors . What you haven't got is reliable user friendly software. It also worries me that there never seems to be many people using the simulator. I really hope the tumble weed isn't starting to blow by.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Steering would be fun. It was on the first VR trainer I had from Ultracoach ( now Netalthlon) way back in 1999. Also I am having a tough time explaining how to set up BSIM on a PC to a couple of my old freinds in another state. When I say old freinds I mean "Of a certain age". Anyway it would be nice if you sold a pre-programed PC Stick like this ---- iView Cyber PC Stick with Windows 8.1 with 1.33GHz Quad Core, 32GB Memory-- with the Bsim already on it and a USB extension cable. .

Randy, theres a new version of the intel stick due soon and i am hoping its powerful enough to run bsim, especially if and when its is integrated into the bkool website-no need for them to be separate- allowing direct connection to a monitor or tv via hdmi and keyboard and mouse via bluetooth or linked via an app to a phone or tablet. So you could have a phone or tablet on a quad mount on the bike and use the app to set up and control bsim. if the software also linked with the phone ala Zwift it opens up real opportunities for a more involved experience on the turbo. I would like to be able to shake my fist at Bill or Rick as they rode past:smile:

OP
OP
Bkool

Bkool

Hi BKool

I was only looking at the BKool products just yesterday and wanted to know if I could set one of your systems onto my generic rollers?

Reason Im asking is I really dont want another bicycle training system in my small flat, I really do like my rollers and a BKool turbo trainer, or any turbo trainer isn't something Id want

I also use Garmin products if that could be integrated somehow?

If not? it'd be something Id want

Morning! Sure, you can use the Bkool Simulator with any trainer/roller. Obviously having a compatible smart trainer will make the simulation more realistic, but you can use a sensor and your roller and enjoy the Bkool Simulator too. For more information check http://www.bkool.com/cycling-simulator. If after that you still have questions please email us at info@bkool.com

Thanks!

Top Bottom