Bkool Nations Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Here's the thread for discussing plans for the Nations Cup races on the morning of Saturday 25th February.

I suggest we keep discussikns here for general stuff and planning, and device some other more private method to communicate any sneaky secret squirrell tactics.....

OP
OP
bridgy

bridgy

Legendary Member
Info collected from Jacob's posts so all in one place:

The correct date is saturday 25th february.

This is where the event is right now:
* Bkool in Spain want to help with national jerseys for the avatars and advertising at Facebook
* Pep Tatché is working on collecting a spanish team. They will do the basic setup with participating from each riders home.
* The Danish setup is ready

I really hope you want to join this event with a strong team.

Any questions or comments, please write to JSK@LAGKAGEHUSET.DK

Hello
All three race are equal.
Race 1:
1st - 15 point
2nd - 14 point
Race 2:
1st - 15 point
2nd - 14 point
Race 3:
1st - 15 point
2nd - 14 point

Latest news is that a frenchman is trying to collect a french team for the event :-)
@Randyberlin, will there be an American team?

If there is 4 teams, then 1st place is 20 point and if there is 5 teams, then 1st place is 25 point

I have tried to find three stages that is fair to everybody. A mountainstage without descenting isn't fair, because it can make so big differences in time that it is not possible to win back at flat sessions. On the other hand there must be some hills for the light guys, because they might get blown away at flat sessions.
I would also like to have a session from each country, showing what they are known for. Therefore I have chosen a various mountainstage from Spain, a course with a lot of small up/down from Denmark and a velodrome-session to celebrate the greatness of British trackcycling :-)
* http://www.bkool.com/profile/detail/241144?durationType=DISTANCE&lapCount=1
* http://www.bkool.com/profile/detail/293692?durationType=DISTANCE&lapCount=1
* Velodrome 20 km

I have decided to make the breaks between the sessions a bit longer, to make it easier to recover a little before the next session.
Right now the plan is (but can be changed):
10.50 (Danish time): warmup
11.00: Stouby - Sejet (DK route)
11.50: warmup
12.00: Cinctorres-Ares (ES route)
13.00: warmup
13.10: Velodrome 20 km (GB route)

Daddy Pig

Veteran
OP
OP
bridgy

bridgy

Legendary Member
Geoff's started a private message thread for the team to discuss tactics in as well - if you haven't had a notification of this, check in the "inbox" section (top right, next to "alerts") and you should find that thread there

kipster

Guru
Let me know when you're going to do some team recces of the courses so I can start the chat server up. I'll set it running for testing anyway.

Do you all have headsets?

JacobSkovsgaard

Hi
Have I understood it right that your team is: AAAC, Daddy Pig, TurboTommy, Bridgy and Bill S?
Can I have your real names also?
The Danish team is chosen, and you are lucky that 3 from the 5 strongest cannot participate because of holiday and family obligations ;-)
That must make you the favorites for the title then :-)
Looking forward to an exciting event :-)
Best regards
Jacob

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Hi
Have I understood it right that your team is: AAAC, Daddy Pig, TurboTommy, Bridgy and Bill S?
The Danish team is chosen, and you are lucky that 3 from the 5 strongest cannot participate because of holiday and family obligations ;-)
Best regards
Jacob
Looking at the riders you've possibly got having had a go at the 'downhill' race you have some very strong riders to choose from!
ps. My real name really is 'Daddy Pig':mrpig:! ;)
Also, don't forget the Spanish contingent, Pep and that young under 23 year old Artananc in the winter cup would be hard to fight against!
I have a feeling that i'll need to obtain the village defibrillator before I start racing and have a bucket at hand just in casexx(.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Hi
Best regards
Jacob

Hi Jacob

My name is Thomas Burton. Not so sure you can call us favourites. We are favourites like the Spartans were vs the Persians maybe... :smile:.

Jacob are you in regular contact with bkool over the organisation? I'm just wondering if you've ever discussed the 'dead stop' issue or changing avatar kit etc.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Hi Jacob

My name is Thomas Burton. Not so sure you can call us favourites. We are favourites like the Spartans were vs the Persians maybe... :smile:.

Jacob are you in regular contact with bkool over the organisation? I'm just wondering if you've ever discussed the 'dead stop' issue or changing avatar kit etc.
Changing kit is important. I want to stick a daddy pig on the back of mine...

kipster

Guru
I have set up the TeamSpeak server and done a basic connection test.

If anybody wants to test it, download and install the latest TS3 client for your operating system. Skip the bit where is asks you to create an account.

Connect as, but use your bkool name as the nickname
upload_2017-2-1_18-43-25.png

Channel password is cyclechat

I'll hang around for a while if anyone wants to try it out

Top Bottom