BKool Smart Air turbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I notice he mentions in that article that setting the difficulty level in Zwift to 50% pretty much eliminates any feel of lower resistance from the downhill drive, and I usually have my Zwift set to about 50% for racing (just so I have fewer gear changes and can avoid having to drop to smaller front chainring on hills) so this probably explains why I don't tend to feel it even affecting the resistance

Playing with ZwiftHack the other day, I discovered that I had been riding for God knows how long with mine at 64%.
No wonder I get dropped on the inclines, where I can't keep spinning. :laugh: Would be nice with a number next to the slider inside Zwift!

It is now set at 50% again! :gun:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Playing with ZwiftHack the other day, I discovered that I had been riding for God knows how long with mine at 64%.
No wonder I get dropped on the inclines, where I can't keep spinning. :laugh: Would be nice with a number next to the slider inside Zwift!

It is now set at 50% again! :gun:

No more excuses then :okay:

(I’m a little bored today...)

bobinski

Legendary Member
Poor Andy!
Looks like you have been nominated as the flag bearer for Wahoo:biggrin:

TBF the wahoo kickr software updates did fix the routine over reading of power so most riders saw a 30w drop. As long as racers are honest enough to do a regular factory spin down then all should be good.

CXRAndy

Guru
I found my new Kickr harder to make power compared to the V1 I had. The V1 was within 10Watts compared to my Stages PM

But im actually comparing different fitness points for me, early this year and currently. So making power early in the year was much easier, I felt strong circa 340ftp. Now 300ftp, although slowly building.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I found my new Kickr harder to make power compared to the V1 I had. The V1 was within 10Watts compared to my Stages PM

But im actually comparing different fitness points for me, early this year and currently. So making power early in the year was much easier, I felt strong circa 340ftp. Now 300ftp, although slowly building.

Stages? Pfft!

;)

Mines probably about 150ftp at the moment. Presuming I can ease back into Rudy I will do a ramp test mid to end of jan to see where I am.
Problem is I have put on nearly 5 kilos and Xmas is around the corner:laugh:

<Tommy>

It really is hard work getting a nibble out of you Mr CXR! ^_^

Just out of interest is that 10 watts at your ftp or consistently 10 watts out?

It’s a well trodden speech but consistency is definitely more important to me than accuracy. I remember doing the qualifiers for the nations cup at the start of the year and having absolutely no idea where my form stopped and the fairy dust started. Every attempt was different and I was recovering from a bit of a layoff so it was quite frustrating not being able to get any read on it.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I agree with this. If we turn this thread slightly to incorporate ‘which trainer is best’, Wahoo design seems dated compared to the neo. I’m not really involved racing at the moment but from what I’ve read about the wahoo over reading watts, I have a feeling there’ll be lots of people on the message boards dismissing wahoo results.

Not that wahoo is dreadful. More that the neo seems to be the standard bearer.
That's interesting you say the Kickr over reads watts ... not read this myself, but I have been reading that users have been seeing their kickr under reading watts compared to their pedal PMs. Not sure what version of the kickrs though (was on the kickr FB page a few weeks back).

Just saw that Bob said Wahoo fixed the over reading, so maybe these Bods who are seeing under reading now have newer Kickrs

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
I wouldnt expect the Kickr to be too inaccurate. There is achap just posted his Kickr Core is just a few Watts different from his Quarq PM.

Tommy, Bob was baiting me last year about Kickrs over reading power:boxing: , so I calibrated my Kickr and did a comparison with Stages. I think it was when I was beating Bob up hills and he was looking for an excuse :tongue:

<Tommy>

That's interesting you say the Kickr over reads watts ... not read this myself, but I have been reading that users have been seeing their kickr under reading watts compared to their pedal PMs. Not sure what version of the kickrs though (was on the kickr FB page a few weeks back).

Just saw that Bob said Wahoo fixed the over reading, so maybe these Bods who are seeing under reading now have newer Kickrs

Carl if you haven’t got anything negative to say about wahoo then you’re in the wrong thread :tongue:

<Tommy>

I wouldnt expect the Kickr to be too inaccurate. There is achap just posted his Kickr Core is just a few Watts different from his Quarq PM.

Tommy, Bob was baiting me last year about Kickrs over reading power:boxing: , so I calibrated my Kickr and did a comparison with Stages. I think it was when I was beating Bob up hills and he was looking for an excuse :tongue:

Bob? Excuses?! Yeah sounds about right...

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Carl if you haven’t got anything negative to say about wahoo then you’re in the wrong thread :tongue:
I have negative things to say about wahoo, don't you worry :laugh: ... if I had my time again I'd get a Neo. That's why I'm wanting you to be the guinea pig for the Neo Smartbike :okay: If it's as good as it sounds, I may be saving my pennies next year and getting one too :biggrin:

CXRAndy

Guru
I have negative things to say about wahoo, don't you worry :laugh: ... if I had my time again I'd get a Neo. That's why I'm wanting you to be the guinea pig for the Neo Smartbike :okay: If it's as good as it sounds, I may be saving my pennies next year and getting one too :biggrin:

They're never as good as one hopes. Always something manufacturer's mess up

Top Bottom