BKool - Virtual LEJoG - 2017/18

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Well done, @Jim Brown . I understand your relief at getting to JOG!

My first thought was that your one thing was ditching bkool, but maybe you are enjoying a beer!

I am sure that it was all worthwhile for you, as it has been for me. It could have been improved if more people had done it, as then there would have been more opportunities to race some of the stages. Also it would have been great if videos were available. For me bkool would need to allow prior downloading, like BigRing, but it would have given more interest along the way, which might have encouraged more to take part.
I may delay the final stages, and try the TTT next week, hopefully some improvement!

Thanks for organising, it motivated me to do more miles in the winter.

Thank you @Rod McG - it has been my absolute pleasure. :thumbsup:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Perhaps the answer is someone doing a lejog in real life and uploading the video to BRVR? It won’t be straightforward technically. Andy is thinking about a lejog.

OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Perhaps the answer is someone doing a lejog in real life and uploading the video to BRVR? It won’t be straightforward technically. Andy is thinking about a lejog.

I hope to do it myself one day.. but not one of those 9 day jobbies, averaging 100 miles per day ballx... no no no no.... a more leisurely pace...

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Stage 19 completed, please release me, let me gooooooo!

Agree with Rod, I wish I had not gotten quite as involved with the racing as I did, not that I can complain, it's made me a stronger rider, but I have decided to put a lid on it and concentrate on getting the miles in with leJog, and the climbs in with BRVR. I'm going to take part in 'The Chase' (TTT or ITT) on Tuesdays as that is a pure laugh.

Aleman

It's not actually that much of a technical challenge, just a ball ache to do it with the crap BKool Video Editor. ... 35 to 40Km stages shouldn't take too long to process.

bobinski

Legendary Member
It's not actually that much of a technical challenge, just a ball ache to do it with the crap BKool Video Editor. ... 35 to 40Km stages shouldn't take too long to process.

I was thinking of the difficulty of recording several hours of riding a day, perhaps needing to stop to swap out memory cards etc.

Aleman

My CycliQ Fly12 will record up to 10 hours .. Yes, would have to change the card once though. I'm planning on recording my Mallorca rides in May for BKool / BRVR.

Biggest problem is battery life on the device GoPros can only manage around an hour on a battery ... Hence why I went for the Fly12. ... When I pause for a cafe stop I do connect it up to a charging box when I'm on long rides.

Aleman

19 Down ... I don't want to know how many to go!

Aleman

Well, with the Mini Beast from the East coming in and temperatures plummeting on the Fylde Riviera I could be doing a couple more on Saturday, and three on Sunday ... I've a new pair of Shorts to test (Lusso Carbon) I figure 3 hours on the turbo is around 6-7 IRL so should tell me if they are any good for long rides.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Ok I'm begining to get my head around the pro. On climbs I am getting a higher than vector power reading but not by too much. Only about 10-20 watts. Very similar to my classic. On the flats and downhill though :eek:.

I've completed stg 44. The advantage is still there but much reduced.:cry:

Top Bottom