BKool - Virtual LEJoG - 2017/18

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Nice stats on stage 37 @theboxers - You’re magic at the moment. I was going to invite you to ride the last stage with me but having seen your recent power readings, I think I’ll do it alone anyway.. :tongue:
It kinda spoils it for me tbh. Yes I get a workout because you still have to pedal. I am getting similar numbers to the classic on the vectors. But the power numbers being shown are comical. Because of the numbers reported I am being given a much faster speed, giving me a much shorter ride time and pushing me up the league table unfairly.

I will be trying to sort the classic out this afternoon with a view to doing a BRVR ride tomorrow. Nothing better than known v reality to teach a lesson.

theboxers

I've now done stg's 38 and 39. Still superman on the flat and downhill. Up to 4% is a lot easier, I'm on the bigring.

The classic appears to max-out @ about 5.6% for me and my current weight. The Pro is about 8% but at the classic's resistance level, if that makes sense. Over 8% I am now getting a downward adjustment on speed but at a higher reported power. Wheel speed is 5mph @200 vector watts, reported blue number speed would be 5-6kph and power @ 260-280 bsim watts :crazy: :laugh:.

BTW save something for the end of stg 39.:bicycle::boxing: :B)

OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I've now done stg's 38 and 39. Still superman on the flat and downhill. Up to 4% is a lot easier, I'm on the bigring.

The classic appears to max-out @ about 5.6% for me and my current weight. The Pro is about 8% but at the classic's resistance level, if that makes sense. Over 8% I am now getting a downward adjustment on speed but at a higher reported power. Wheel speed is 5mph @200 vector watts, reported blue number speed would be 5-6kph and power @ 260-280 bsim watts :crazy: :laugh:.

BTW save something for the end of stg 39.:bicycle::boxing: :B)

Treat it as a tail wind. :sun:

OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
@Jim Brown sorry but I've dropped a couple of kilo so I've adjusted my weight. You'll need to approve my rides due to changed weight. At least I'm now currently under 20st :wahhey:. Next target under 125kg :unsure:

Good mix of weighing systems stones, lb and kilo's :laugh:

No problem. I’ve approved almost all your rides to date Sir Boxers, due to cadence drops and/or low velocity ????.. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I had a thoroughly enjoyable real world ride this morning, but by-gum it were a cold un... brrr.. it went well for only my second ride out this year (and since November)... it looks like LEJoG has helped hugely in setting up early Sportive season fitness. Very happy.. :bicycle:^_^

OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Rule #9//
If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

I feel ashamed... no where near as cold as you..... :notworthy:

It took 5 miles to get my fingers warmed up... my feet didn’t warm up and the easterly kept the temperature under 0... but it were right grand.. HID took me to the pub to help replenish calorie deficit :hungry::hungry::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Del C

Veteran
article-2264957-170808F1000005DC-963_964x1025.jpg

Here I am leaving my garage just after completing Stage 20 this evening!

OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Stage 43 wasn’t much fun tonight. I think Bkool have tightened the screw a little more... my legs were still a little tired from my RW exertions on Sunday.

Bkool have updated their graphics by fertilising the grass and for real authenticity - the water is grey up here in Scotland.. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I’ve been a little under the weather last few days what with more snow than a snowy place called Snowville. But, I managed to catch up on a couple of stages this morning... what can I say about 44 which will be of help to you? Well, it’s a slog, mainly uphill and to give it a little extra shine.... it’s 2D... yuk.. xx(

45 I went at like a mad un.... and nailed it in 42 mins... :thumbsup:

I now have less than 50 miles to go to arrive at Virtual Jo’G... to do it this weekend or not to do it this weekend... that is the question :rolleyes:

theboxers

Stage 43 wasn’t much fun tonight. I think Bkool have tightened the screw a little more... my legs were still a little tired from my RW exertions on Sunday.

Bkool have updated their graphics by fertilising the grass and for real authenticity - the water is grey up here in Scotland.. :biggrin:
I did stg 40 last night. I did not have the advantage I have had for the previous few stg's. I then went on to my plan ride and blew out after 20 minutes. The new ftp level just asks too much when I don't have the dust from the pro to use.

I feel a manual adjustment of FTP coming if this carries on.

Top Bottom