BKool - Virtual LEJoG - 2017/18

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Bravo Mr. @Whorty - two stages today and both now in the bank Sir.. :thumbsup:

I did two this aft as well and I am now on the banks of Loch Ness. The Fort Augustus climb is absolutely brutal and my advice to you all - Don’t do it as a second ride, do it in a one’r.......

Not far to go noo....

No cycling tomorrow as I’m taking HID up to Oban for the day... ..mmmmm... fish n chips... nom nom nom.. :hungry::hungry:
stage 16 was a bit brutal for a second ride too .... 17% and 12% sections. Ouch. Tired now.

Last edited:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I had intended to do 35 and 35b today. However things got in the way so no riding today. Tomorrow is BRVR day. I am aimimg for Palmer Lake, only 50 miles :bicycle:, wish me luck.
Palmer lake is fun. I did it in 2 chunks due to an interruption from HID ... Must do it again and get it in one.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
:secret:.........:secret::laugh:..........:secret::laugh::rofl:.................:secret::laugh::rofl::scratch:..............................no 'kin way do I have an FTP of 262 watts :blink::huh::ohmy:.

@Jim Brown might want me to stop using this pro.:unsure: :whistle:

I think I need to repair my classic and get back to using it. I know it's out but I'm not surprised @bobinski sold this pro to me :unsure: :gun: :banghead: :surrender:.

Still, it has changed my rating to Am 2 :wahhey: :blush: :headshake:.

Where's that emoji keyboard when you need it :cry:

bobinski

Legendary Member
:secret:.........:secret::laugh:..........:secret::laugh::rofl:.................:secret::laugh::rofl::scratch:..............................no 'kin way do I have an FTP of 262 watts :blink::huh::ohmy:.

@Jim Brown might want me to stop using this pro.:unsure: :whistle:

I think I need to repair my classic and get back to using it. I know it's out but I'm not surprised @bobinski sold this pro to me :unsure: :gun: :banghead: :surrender:.

Still, it has changed my rating to Am 2 :wahhey: :blush: :headshake:.

Where's that emoji keyboard when you need it :cry:

So, it’s a good or a bad thing that you bought it?!? I cannot tell ^_^

theboxers

So, it’s a good or a bad thing that you bought it?!? I cannot tell ^_^
Yes :whistle:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Cruising @320w is just not on and I mean cruising/trudling. The garmin was showing 150-180w, bsim on the pro 300-340w. At one stage it was 400+ watts on bsim :blink:. It's no longer I'm Spartacus, it's I'm Froome :headshake:

:rofl:
Has it not been used in 15 months?!?
Best turn it off and on.
How is it in brvr?

theboxers

:rofl:
Has it not been used in 15 months?!?
Best turn it off and on.
I did that and it stayed the same :sad:.
How is it in brvr?
I really don't want to try it there. I enjoy, :unsure:, the struggle on the climbs with the classic. Using the pro with it like this would be a waste of good BRVR routes.
I've got to sort the classic out, probably Saturday I'll give it a go. Or maybe pre-order some kit from Wahoo :unsure:

bobinski

Legendary Member
ED23E843-FF3A-442A-8C19-867D6F3EF593.png

I did that and it stayed the same :sad:.

I really don't want to try it there. I enjoy, :unsure:, the struggle on the climbs with the classic. Using the pro with it like this would be a waste of good BRVR routes.
I've got to sort the classic out, probably Saturday I'll give it a go. Or maybe pre-order some kit from Wahoo :unsure:

Bit of the infamous bkool fairy dust? attached is file for one of my last rides on the pro in bkool in nov 2016 showing a normalised power of 265w.
I would persevere and you may see it reset itself. Or find you are a bit stronger than you thought? 10 min in brvr should tell you too?

theboxers

View attachment 396991

Bit of the infamous bkool fairy dust? attached is file for one of my last rides on the pro in bkool in nov 2016 showing a normalised power of 265w.
I would persevere and you may see it reset itself. Or find you are a bit stronger than you thought? 10 min in brvr should tell you too?
More like Miracle Grow. I've been running a power meter along side the classic and there's about a 10-20w difference dependent on course. No way should I have a 100w+ difference. The Pro gives me a work out but not anything like the classic. I'll give it another go tomorrow and try to sort the classic Saturday.

Top Bottom