BKool - Virtual LEJoG - 2017/18

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I feel a manual adjustment of FTP coming if this carries on.
I don't think you can adjust it manually on the new all singing all dancing BKool Website!

Ah no, yes you can, it's set on the Workout Zones tab not the FTP tab ... must be some Spanish logic in that one. It's a good thing really as I can get rid of that ridiculous 285BW FTP, it's decide I'm capable of, and set it back to something more realistic like 230BW ... Or more like 190RWW :rofl::rofl::rofl:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I don't think you can adjust it manually on the new all singing all dancing BKool Website!

Ah no, yes you can, it's set on the Workout Zones tab not the FTP tab ... must be some Spanish logic in that one. It's a good thing really as I can get rid of that ridiculous 285BW FTP, it's decide I'm capable of, and set it back to something more realistic like 230BW ... Or more like 190RWW :rofl::rofl::rofl:
My current FTP was set on the 2 LEJoG sessions I did on the Pro. 262.95 W.

The magic week
ftp.jpg

OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Ah, sorry.. night off tonight with a cheeky Shiraz... Two stages left for me. I think I’ll do both tomorrow- it don’t seem right to leave the last stage all on its own... I should feel tired and exhilarated when I finish LEJoG.. yes, finish tomorrow - it’s a plan. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I set off to do the last two stages, nice and steady for the first stage 47, as it’s quite lumpy, got to 3rd of a mile to go. Bkool say No. stopped, not responding, lost forever. I tried to muster and motivate myself to rerun it but just couldn’t - I’ll try again tomorrow... very very frustrating.. :cry:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I set off to do the last two stages, nice and steady for the first stage 47, as it’s quite lumpy, got to 3rd of a mile to go. Bkool say No. stopped, not responding, lost forever. I tried to muster and motivate myself to rerun it but just couldn’t - I’ll try again tomorrow... very very frustrating.. :cry:
:banghead: it's been a while since I've had a lost/crashed session. You have my sympathies.

I went through a phase of losing 1 or 2 a week until I worked out it was a bug that crashed any session I did with a descent steeper than 6%. I worked it out when we had a top 100 climbs league and it crashed on several rides with steep descents. About half way through the league there was software or firmware update that fixed the issue. I hope that this is not a repeat of that.

OP
OP
Bored Man

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
:banghead: it's been a while since I've had a lost/crashed session. You have my sympathies.

I went through a phase of losing 1 or 2 a week until I worked out it was a bug that crashed any session I did with a descent steeper than 6%. I worked it out when we had a top 100 climbs league and it crashed on several rides with steep descents. About half way through the league there was software or firmware update that fixed the issue. I hope that this is not a repeat of that.

Me too.... going to try again tomorrow.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
:cry::banghead:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Hmmm was planning on trying to do 4 stages tomorrow .... May be doing some BRVR rides instead ... Wonder what the 1st part of Liege Bastogne Liege is like :biggrin:

Edit: 61 Km, fisrt 8Km all downhill at 3-5% ... Undulating after that, but undulating uphill gradually

Last edited:

Rod McG

Über Member
Well done, @Jim Brown . I understand your relief at getting to JOG!

My first thought was that your one thing was ditching bkool, but maybe you are enjoying a beer!

I am sure that it was all worthwhile for you, as it has been for me. It could have been improved if more people had done it, as then there would have been more opportunities to race some of the stages. Also it would have been great if videos were available. For me bkool would need to allow prior downloading, like BigRing, but it would have given more interest along the way, which might have encouraged more to take part.
I may delay the final stages, and try the TTT next week, hopefully some improvement!

Thanks for organising, it motivated me to do more miles in the winter.

Top Bottom