Black cricket dilemma

Keep as pets or set them free?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Thought this was a thread about Devon Malcolm thinking about making a comeback.:laugh:

I genuinely thought it was going to be a thread on diversity in sport, albeit with a clumsy title. Feel a bit thick now because I have never heard of black crickets and they are obviously a widely known thing.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Joshing aside there is a genuine moral philosophy point in all this.

Whilst I am not a vegetarian, it is something I have sympathy with and wonder if I should be on moral grounds. A cow or pig are clearly sentient intelligent and indeed appealing creatures. Hey, I even felt guilty catching scallops whilst diving and they were desperately swimming away to escape.

Yet my cat is evolved to eat meat and can do no other so it would be cruel and ultimately lethal to not feed her meat. And it'd also be cruel to keep her indoors stop her dining out on fresh food she finds for herself.

If not fed on the right food, seemingly said insects, then doubtless the lizards will get sick and die too.

Sorry for raising the tone with a serious answer. I don't do this often so humour me this time

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I don't see that at all, the purpose of the crickets is to be part of the food chain for another species.
Maybe 'purpose' is a clumsy choice of word? :scratch:

Top Bottom