Black cricket dilemma

Keep as pets or set them free?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

By using the word "purpose" you are "begging the question" a logical fallacy / dishonest argument. You need to justify why it is their "purpose" to make your point.
Me thinks you are taking this way too seriously & need to lighten up a bit.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I don't see that at all, the purpose of the crickets is to be part of the food chain for another species.

Wouldn't you also say that wildebeest are the same,but on a bigger scale? All they seem to do is run frantically for miles,especially across crocodile infested rivers. It's as if they're saying "come and get me i'm beef on legs".

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I bought some crickets to feed a gecko once. I used to enjoy watching them and listen to them chirp at night. They used to remind me of my early childhood in Africa. They were better than the gecko, because that spent all its time under a false rock. It did not seem to get through the crickets very quickly. I don't think geckos eat much.

Years later I bought what I thought were crickets, but I think they were locusts. Locusts don't chirp.

mustang1

Guru
Reminds me of hitchhiker's guide galaxy when the cow introduces themselves to zaffod and recommends different parts of itself they should eat.

Edit: typo. Stupid soft keyboard.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's make or break time for the crickets. I've had them in their box now for 3 days. The pet shop assistant said they'd be ok for food and water for about 4 days. I think i'm going to set them free tonight. Yes,i know they might not survive, but it's better than a certain death in some lizard's gob! I must say i'll miss 'em! I've got used these last 3 days to their calming chirping sound,but if I don't let them go they'll probably die in that box. Anyway, they won't pose a problem to the local insect like...unlike this critter!!
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...government-escapes/ar-AAF7Plo?ocid=spartandhp

Top Bottom