Black Zefal water bottle lost....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
If anyone in the Daisy Nook or Clayton Vale area finds a black Zefal water bottle full of Vimto then let me know because I lost it yesterday. I've had a pair of them for over 20 years and now only one left :sad:. Can't get them anymore.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
You'll be offering a generous reward, one assumes...?

Maz

Guru
If anyone in the Daisy Nook or Clayton Vale area finds a black Zefal water bottle full of Vimto then let me know because I lost it yesterday.
I found a black Zefal water bottle today between Daisy Nook and Clayton Vale, but there was no Vimto in it.

[*burp*]

Maz

Guru
Barsteward! Never mind, you can keep the bottle:cry:
I was joking of course. Hope you find it!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
How did you lose it because water bottles don't jump out of bottle cages?
So you must have put it down somewhere and left it.
[annoying voice]Try to think back to where you were when you last saw it[/annoying voice] :B)

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
[annoying voice]Try to think back to where you were when you last saw it[/annoying voice] :B)

They do 'jump' out when you hit the moguls at the bottom of a fast downhill and you have to cling on for dear life because you are suddenly going faster than you realised!!!

I have long been in the habit of leaving an inch or two empty as IME this allows the drink to slosh around rather than the full bottle launching itself (hence having the same bottles for around 20yrs). Unfortunately because I was going out for a potter with my young son I wasn't expecting any of my usual hooliganism and filled to the brim. I did go back the following morning to check out all the likely spots but either it has been picked up by someone or it fell out elsewhere.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You either spend all your time riding slowly, or the roads in your area are a lot better than those round here!

I've had bottles come out on descents quite a few times - you don't have to hit much of a bump at 40-50 mph to cause a pretty big shock through the frame. I've even had bottles jump out when hitting potholes or debris on the flat.

Admittedly, normally I notice when it happens and go back for the bottle, but it happened once on a major MTB descent and I didn't notice until the bridleway levelled off at the bottom. I couldn't face having to go back up the climb to look for it!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Must be doing something wrong as this has never happened to me!

P'raps because my water bottles are so cheap they maybe aren't rigid enough to not bulge out and grip the cage.

Maz

Guru
I've had bottles come out on descents quite a few times - you don't have to hit much of a bump at 40-50 mph to cause a pretty big shock through the frame. I've even had bottles jump out when hitting potholes or debris on the flat.
40-50mph?! :ohmy:. Brave man! - I would definitely have lost my bottle at that speed!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
40-50mph?! :ohmy:. Brave man! - I would definitely have lost my bottle at that speed!
(Groans at pun ...)

It's okay on smooth road surfaces when there aren't any tight bends to catch you out.

I have miscalculated a couple of times on unfamiliar roads and scared myself. I started to go round a bend on one descent at about 35 mph, only to discover that ...
  • The bend tightened as I got into it!
  • The road had adverse camber!
  • The road was covered in leaves!
  • The road was riddled with potholes!
  • The descent got steeper round the bend!
Apart from ... skidding on the leaves, being ejected towards the outside of the bend, almost destroying my wheels, gathering more and more speed and barely being to stop the bars from being battered from my grip ... it felt perfectly safe! :whistle:

Top Bottom