Blackberry/Strava apps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm using (or rather was) gpspeedometer to connect to strava on a blackberry but strava have switched off the support for it so is anyone using anything else to connect to strava from a blackberry (that is still working right now as I dont want to buy an app that has also been switched off but i would buy it if deffo still works)

Mods - i know this might have been better in technical but I got no answers with a similiar question a few days ago, so please leave this in general if possible

Russell Williams

I am struggling with this too. Very disappointing.

OP
OP
simon the viking
I am struggling with this too. Very disappointing.

I contacted gpspeedometer guys and they said it was a change Strava had made, restricting access to their site from outside apps!
So it looks as though Strava have "spat their dummy out" so as a quick fix I've gone over to ridewithGPS but is annoying as I have 1300 miles logged for the year and A KOM on strava.

OP
OP
simon the viking
If anyone else has encountered this problem and gone down the ridewithgps route then you might be interested in an idea I had. I have taken the total miles and hours for Jan to June inclusive and manually created 1 ride to show this mileage, so that my mileage on ridewithgps now reflects my total miles for 2013 so I dont have to add Strava mileage to ridewithgps mileage. Not ideal because it says I've done 9 rides 1 of which was 111 hours and 1300 miles!

I know I could have wrote down all the separate rides and added them separately (I might have even been able to export files back out of Strava?) but I really didn't have time or inclination and my solution has enough information for my needs.

Now all I have to do is create some segments :sweat:

Top Bottom