Boardman Bikes Premium?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think there's plenty of evidence that they are...

vickster

Legendary Member
Except me. I bought my two Genesises (Genesii?) based on a thorough technical assessment of their build quality and superb ride.

Just like you probably :rolleyes:
Nah I just really liked the colour and look...:whistle: I wanted a steel framed bike and couldn't justify the price of a Condor

I really don’t do much at all based on technical analysis, just know what I like and don’t like :okay:

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Not quite sure of the point you are trying to make @Rusty Nails but I imagine Halfords are trying to promote Boardman as a value quality product but i don’t think any amount of advertising would convince punters it’s a premium brand, one reason being their other In house brands. They’ll be more influenced by reviews as others have said.

Last edited:
Not quite sure of the point you are trying to make @Rusty Nails but I imagine Halfords are trying to promote Boardman as a value quality product but i don’t think any amount of advertising would convince punters it’s a premium brand, one reason being their other In house brands. They’ll be more influenced by reviews as others have said.

I'm not sure it's as much influenced by advertising as just seeing what other cyclists ride and keeping up with the Jones in many cases. Like many other activities there is often a desire to have the big name brand. Even though people, in general, do not race they till like to ride what the top riders do.

At the end of the day the frame is the main difference between bikes, and even then they are often built in the same Far East factory, with gears, cranks, brakes, tyres etc. all bought in.

I am not saying there is no difference in ride or build quality between a top of the range bike and a mid-range bike, but the average rider would not notice the difference between bikes within the same price range.

I fear you are right about Halfords and aspirations for a premium brand.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I'm not influenced by it at all. Not since I spend a fiver on a can of Lynx and women failed to throw themselves at me as a result.
You're doing it wrong. From "People Just Do Nothing":

Craig's letting me use his Lynx. He's actually perfected the perfect blend.

Yeah?

So is it just two sprays of Excite?

No, no, no. One spray of Excite... ..two sprays of Dark Temptation... And then, the last bit, just a mist of Africa.

OP
OP
Maherees

Maherees

Über Member
My last road bike I bought from an independent local shop but my gravel bike is a Boardman Premium (ADV 9.0) and is the best bike I've ever owned.

Top Bottom