Boardman cx team

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

DavidD

I have the silver one from a couple of years ago

Changed the tyres to 32s semi slick
Been meaning to change the handlebar mount the opposite way to lift it up
It's comfy, fast enough and good for long rides and fast rides alike

I love mine, enjoy
Thanks was looking for road tyres for it as well
Yes I did put on clipless pedals immediately
What kind did you go for?
He posted a link above with photos
Yes just noticed that, was working my way through the messages @vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks was looking for road tyres for it as well

What kind did you go for?

Yes just noticed that, was working my way through the messages @vickster
Some Boardman ones initially but they fell apart when I tried to adjust! So went to shimano M520 which I now have on 4 bikes

OP
OP
D

DavidD

Some Boardman ones initially but they fell apart when I tried to adjust! So went to shimano M520 which I now have on 4 bikes
Never tried clipless pedals before but thinking that it would be a good idea and have just googled these and they can be picked up for twenty quid for the pair

vickster

Legendary Member
Never tried clipless pedals before but thinking that it would be a good idea and have just googled these and they can be picked up for twenty quid for the pair
Less. You need shoes too though. About £40 up. Did you get British cycling discount on the bike? As you can for peripherals too

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I use Shimano M324's, been good so far for just shy of 4500 miles. Makes the bike a good all rounder, tends to come on holiday etc so good for un-clipped family rides.

rockpig

Über Member
Personally I can't get on with those type, can never clip back in effectively. A600 drove me mad and got swapped to m520 after a fall while looking at foot! For me double sided clips only now!!
I have A600s on my road bike and know what you mean but I've got used to them now.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have A600s on my road bike and know what you mean but I've got used to them now.
I never did, M520s are just so much simpler. A600s are small and neat but that means they aren't comfortable with trainers either, so IMO offer no benefits over the 520s. I have M324 on the SS but I ride it so little they don't bother me...and they can be used with trainers which is handy

OP
OP
D

DavidD

All this info about clipless pedals is confusing lol, think my best bet will be the double sided style, just in case I don't like them I can still ride with flats

vickster

Legendary Member
The shimano M324 are probably your best bet in that case as they have a full size pedal cage. You will need 2 bolt SPD compatible shoes. Get ones with the recessed cleat, so MTB style

Top Bottom