Boardman cx team

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

DavidD

Guy who rides on the club run keeps up on his , we do call him phil the hill though for a good reason :smile:
Not expecting it to be much slower on the road than a normal road bike once the tyres and pedals are changed for the summer months but I suppose it depends on who's riding it

mooseracer

Guru
WP_20161220_11_51_17_Pro[1].jpg

Here's mine. Same model as yours but Fabric saddle, Look pedals, a set of Hunt 4-Season wheels and 28mm Conti 4-Season tyres. It's been firmly pressed into winter duties and is perfect for the job.

OP
OP
D

DavidD

View attachment 154811

Here's mine. Same model as yours but Fabric saddle, Look pedals, a set of Hunt 4-Season wheels and 28mm Conti 4-Season tyres. It's been firmly pressed into winter duties and is perfect for the job.
That's a nice setup and you've also got mudguards on it as well, gonna go have a look at those tyres. Are the look pedals mtb or road pedals

Sounds like it'd be fair to say you're all happy with your purchases? Am tempted by one myself to cover some trail riding and light touring.

Levo-Lon

Guru
1472650684788.jpg
I prefer mine with the wider mtb bars and semi slicks..yes its the team but i may make it a 1x11 ..
good bike for sensible money

as said protect from cable rub ect..

OP
OP
D

DavidD

Sounds like it'd be fair to say you're all happy with your purchases? Am tempted by one myself to cover some trail riding and light touring.
I am for sure cracking bike

geocycle

Legendary Member
I don't get the point of 1X11. Why suffer from a low top gear if your going to use it on the road? I discounted the new CX of this reason.

Does anyone know the gearing details? What is the range in gear inches?

Last edited:

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Guy who rides on the club run keeps up on his , we do call him phil the hill though for a good reason :smile:

I was out with "Phil the Hill" and 4 others on new years eve and he was on his Cx team. When he arrived I took a look at the bike with the 38c tyres and thought "no probs keeping up with you".... How wrong was I :laugh:

OP
OP
D

DavidD

I don't get the point of 1X11. Why suffer from a low top gear if your going to use it on the road? I discounted the new CX of this reason.
The top gear is not lower than the team roadbike it's slightly higher

Top Bottom