Boardman cx team

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just a bit of a tread bump as I've picked up a used CX recently.
Anyone know what Brand and model these mudguards are? Probably not sold anymore, but look like an elegant solution.

They look a bit lacking in cover?
I had sliver SKS Commuters on my 2014 Team with 32mm tyres.
Bontrager do good mudguards too

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Look like SKS Bluemels Primus:
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/mudguards/sks-bluemels-53-primus-mudguard-set-28-inch-matt-black/
More options at SKS who have a huge range.

Just did a few hundred miles touring Northern France. Horrible headwind for the last 3 days (gusting 20 knots) but the bike performed well.

IMG_2835 2.jpg

The previous owner had not taken good care of it, lots of thick grease and crud, but I cleaned it up the best I could. Plenty of scuff and marks o the frame, and the dreaded cable rub. It costs less than £200 so couldn't complain much though.

IMG_2697 3.jpg

Easily spent that again and more setting it up for touring.

IMG_2744 3.jpg

The front mudguard needs a little work. The forks being pre-2015 model don't have the best angle for the mudguard mount. I was very short on time so had to ride it like that, but will sort it out over the coming weeks.

I had tried to shoe horn an 11-36 cassette, but it's just a little too much for derailleur. Would probably work with a wolf tooth, and longer chain.

Last edited:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Last night on my commute to work, my 2014 CX Team crossed the 20,000 mile mark. Aside from basic maintenance I have only replaced the front wheel with a dynamo hub and replaced the original rear wheel as the freewheel started playing up. Probably one of the more comfortable bikes I own, and still the keeper of longest single ride at 201km. Good value and glad I bought it.

Top Bottom