Boardman fork snapped what should I do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Contact Board man and explain what happened.
They must replace the forks, even if it's a "good will " gesture, to maintain the Boardman good name.
Read the whole thread.

bodders

Good Point @ Smokin Joe.
I mirror your views on this. Boardman would no doubt be a little concerned to hear this especially if the has been well looked after. At the very least, they may replace the fork at a discount for you.
Would you want to ride a carbon fork after this event, even if it was new ? I certainly wouldn't.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Another blast from the past

Yes, it's the 'similar threads' list at the bottom of the page that causes it.

The owner is trying to wring as many posts as he can from all the content.

I suppose that's fair enough - it keeps CC going.

But it does mean we get regular thread resurrections.

Perhaps we could have a CC theme tune.

Time for some Ashton, Gardner, and Dyke.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_e0YAcy8s4

Would you want to ride a carbon fork after this event, even if it was new ? I certainly wouldn't.

By contrast I've been riding CF forks for years and thousands of miles in all weathers and never had an issue.

You might as well point at a story about a chimney falling down in the night and killing the occupier and say well I'm not having a house with a chimney...

It was interesting to re read this thread from the past .
I may be unusual in my thinking but if I was to sell something to someone which subsequently failed I would feel partially responsible .
It would be a different matter if the person had obviously abused the cycle of whatever then I would feel slightly different , but in this case it wasn't from abuse .
I was just wondering if the original owner had made the claim on behalf of the person, would Boredman say that it was fraud ?
I was also thinking that all of the money that the company spends on promotion of its products can easily be undone by a bit of careless thought which wouldn't have cost them that much in offering some kind of goodwill gesture .
When I worked in Halfords in my town I found that they were pretty good at replacing things . They would also try to look back in their records if a customer had lost their receipt when returning faulty goods .

I'm not sure the step change from jarring solid rubber, to light & cushioning pneumatic tyres compares with steel to carbon, but I like the sentiment. Disclaimer, I'm an owner of both carbon and steel bikes and love them all equally.

Top Bottom