Boardman Road Sport Specialized build and more!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Casual Extremist
Forgot to mention, I got these.....

Screenshot_20221127-184626_eBay.jpg

.......to tidy up the cables. Prime Aero Doyenne Bars.

Trouble is, it's outside of the derailleur frame that is rubbing. I can stop the rubbing if I pull the cable tighter by hand when in low gear. It is like the whole FD would fit better if it was laterally spaced another 2mm away from the frame and more in line with the chainset.
For band on you can get a spacer that goes inside between the frame and band that might move it those 2mm?

OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Casual Extremist
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/gear-sp...286-to-349-black-plastic-hand-finished-split/

Might be just enough to shift the mech into a different position.
Unfortunately my seat tube is 34.9mm so it won't fit but handy info for the future.

OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Casual Extremist
So, with some time off work I decided to get some testing and tuning done although the weather had different ideas.
In the last week or so I have swapped back to the 90mm stem, replaced the chain which had stretched, replaced a very worn pulley wheel on the RD, swapped in the Doyenne handlebars which led to me threading and trimming the outer cables, adjusting the seat height and setback, adjusting the stem height and learning how to tape handlebars. Did I say that I was on a steep learning curve?
20221226_154127.jpg

And a small "specialized modification"
20221226_154120.jpg

OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Casual Extremist
Are you going to get the steerer cut down , theres an awful lot of spacers above the stem
No, Not at the moment. I will when I fit these.....
s-l1600.png

s-l1600 (1).png

some unused Tommasini X Fire forks with a 300mm steerer so, it will need cutting to fit. They're to replace the Merida forks which seem to have about 1mm of play in the bottom headset bearing. Unfortunately the crown race is integrated on the Merida forks and I think it is just worn out with old age (I know the feeling). Yes, I know they're not red but that blue is sooo niiice! I will just have to paint the frame to match. :okay:

Last edited:
Top Bottom