bonj, what the hell..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cannondale boy

Über Member
Maybe his past life was an interesting one.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
<steps up as resident fish geek> :biggrin:

Its a Yellow boxfish, Ostracion cubicus.

ko_haa_yellow_boxfish.gif

bonj2

it's proof that new species are evolving all the time, being as it is a newly evolved fish that didn't exist prior to it being discovered, otherwise it would have been discovered earlier. it's also clearly a very intelligent, discerning fish, and an interesting shape.

bonj said:
it's proof that new species are evolving all the time, being as it is a newly evolved fish that didn't exist prior to it being discovered, otherwise it would have been discovered earlier. it's also clearly a very intelligent, discerning fish, and an interesting shape.

Err ... I assume you had your tongue firmly lodged in your cheek while typing that, cos it's a Grand Canyon - scale leap of logic.

bonj2

I wasn't aware of you until you popped up on C+ a couple of years ago.

Did you exist before then?

Just 'cos YOU didn't know about me doesn't mean i hadn't been discovered.
At least SOME people knew about me. NO-ONE knew about that fish, despite the oceans being continually explored and researched.

Noodley

bonj said:
Just 'cos YOU didn't know about me doesn't mean i hadn't been discovered.
At least SOME people knew about me. NO-ONE knew about that fish, despite the oceans being continually explored and researched.

Somebody may have known about it and kept it to themselves. The other fish would have known as well.

Noodley said:
Somebody may have known about it and kept it to themselves. The other fish would have known as well.
Your granny knew.

bonj said:
NO-ONE knew about that fish, despite the oceans being continually explored and researched.

As Bill Bryson put it in "A Short History of Nearly Everything" ... [paraphrase] our current knowledge of the deep oceans is much the same as our knowledge of the land would be if our research was based on five people driving around at night on ride on lawnmowers.[/paraphrase] We don't know anywhere near as much about the oceans as you (and many other people, to be fair) seem to think.

longers

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:
As Bill Bryson put it in "A Short History of Nearly Everything" ... [paraphrase] our current knowledge of the deep oceans is much the same as our knowledge of the land would be if our research was based on five people driving around at night on ride on lawnmowers.[/paraphrase] We don't know anywhere near as much about the oceans as you (and many other people, to be fair) seem to think.

Good book that. I could read it every year for the rest of my life and learn something new each time. I blame my poor memory.

Abitrary

And what is this book? It sounds interesting and I might buy it.

Please tell me it's easier than A Brief History of Time.

Dave5N

Über Member
bonj said:

:biggrin:

Is Bonj evolving into something sucessful or a genetic sideline?

Top Bottom