Boring Bloke Bingo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Oi! my Dad was a 'Systems Analyst' in his 'career path' that saw him move from an Oik in the RAF to a 'Senior Systems Designer' with a salary in excess of a quarter of a million* before he died (aged 56) in the late 90s. I as his 'Hippy' Son was a disappointment to him but I've had a much more fulfilling life though as a 'wanderer' going from one creative occupation to another in my life.

* after I went to college for 2 years 'full time' in my 30s and qualified as a 'City & Guilds' Cabinet Maker I worked in shopfitting for a few years and got paid @£40,000 a year, he scoffed "I pay more than that in Income Tax"
I've had a similar conversation with my Dad, who used to consult on €25,000 a day plus expenses, to which I replied "yeah, but you've never been in a firefight."

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:rolleyes:

I have a mildly amusing story about a 'systems analyst' I met on a train one time - it involved a hurty knee, and a rolled up trouser leg..

Another time maybe :rolleyes:

I realised some time back though, that both my jobs require endless, and ongoing 'systems analysis'..

But sadly, I'm also ashamed to report, that like you, I don't coin it for the exchequer, in quite the majorly quantifiable way that your dad did..

However, I hope my efforts contribute to overall wellbeing in other ways though :angel:
Nah Dad ended up working on computer systems for GCHQ amongst others, after working on the control systems for Hartlepool and Heysham nuclear power stations for GEC/English Electric/BNDC in Whetstone (towards the end of his life he was 'flown' to various jobs in the 'works' private plane.

For me my personal achievement was working for a year on the 'community program' (Maggies minions) at Watermead Country Park turning old Ballast workings into a wildlife haven

View: https://youtu.be/50D5MYmxvA8

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Yeah but it's from the 'vintage meme' collection.

Be careful, express any more interest, and you'll get shown all of them .. :rolleyes:
You could invite us all round for a slide show.
That seems to be something that died out in the early 80s. The boring slide show, fortunately we have Facebook And instagram now so I can ignore people’s crappy holiday pictures.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Nah Dad ended up working on computer systems for GCHQ amongst others, after working on the control systems for Hartlepool and Heysham nuclear power stations for GEC/English Electric/BNDC in Whetstone (towards the end of his life he was 'flown' to various jobs in the 'works' private plane.

For me my personal achievement was working for a year on the 'community program' (Maggies minions) at Watermead Country Park turning old Ballast workings into a wildlife haven

View: https://youtu.be/50D5MYmxvA8

Good work:okay:

I'm not even going to attempt to list the number of saintly projects, pursuits, and programmes, I've helped set up and been involved in.

And still am..

The thought of them all even makes me feel slightly queasy.. :rolleyes:

And anyhow there's 🚜 work to be done :hello:

Wine snobs discussing various different bottles.
Coffee bores too.
Just drink it and shut up.
Back when I was living in France I used to shut wine snobs up by mentioning the Bordeaux Universtity experiments.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0093934X01924939?via=ihub

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
People think farming is *fascinating*?

I can get that it could be rewarding and wildly varied work, but fascinating?
"Hooray, the furrows were mostly straight on that row, only 300 more to go"

Depends on the tone. it can also mean they couldn’t think of anything more dull.

”I work in marketing...“

”Oh, how fascinating...” (please someone rescue me from this dullard)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
* after I went to college for 2 years 'full time' in my 30s and qualified as a 'City & Guilds' Cabinet Maker I worked in shopfitting for a few years and got paid @£40,000 a year, he scoffed "I pay more than that in Income Tax"
Well, you can console yourself in having earned nearly double what I earned in my highest-paid year and about 4.5 times what I live on now! :okay:

Top Bottom