Boring Bloke Bingo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
That's nothing.....I can do 6mph on my Brompton (downhill with a following strong wind).

There's no need to show off...:cycle:

I was walking with a friend along a footpath above the river at the back of Todmorden bus station. Just then a large rat ran across from a gap in the wall to a bush opposite.

ColinJ: "Ah, a fine example of Rattus Norvegicus!"

Pal: "Say what?"

ColinJ: "Our furry friend just then - Rattus Norvegicus."

Pal: "What ARE you going on about!"

ColinJ: "Rattus Norvegicus a.k.a. the brown rat, common rat, street rat, sewer rat, or Norwegian rat."

Pal: "Where DO you learn this stuff..."

ColinJ: "The Stranglers!" (The album Rattus Norvegicus.)

Ahhh, yes,

The friends and acquaintances who will insist on reciting the Latin names of plants, when out for an otherwise perfectly pleasant walk..

Curiously, they're all guys too :rolleyes:

Ahhh, yes,

The friends and acquaintances who will insist on reciting the Latin names of plants, when out for an otherwise perfectly pleasant walk..

Curiously, they're all guys too :rolleyes:
Is that solanum melongena in your avatar, hey?

Yes, I just googled it. I am therefore eminently qualified to discuss such matters.

Swoon 🍆

Yes it is.

Aaannd I growded it myself.

-who's showing off now..?? :whistle:

I used to grow stuff in the garden to eat. But then I realised that when it was ready to eat, by strange coincidence there was a pile of cheap fresh veg in the shops and markets grown by people like you who are good at it.
My former veg plot is now planted with shrubs that need nothing other than attacking with a hedge trimmer once a year.

I enjoy my garden again.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I used to grow stuff in the garden to eat. But then I realised that when it was ready to eat, by strange coincidence there was a pile of cheap fresh veg in the shops and markets grown by people like you who are good at it.
My former veg plot is now planted with shrubs that need nothing other than attacking with a hedge trimmer once a year.

I enjoy my garden again.

My fantasy retirement garden comprises a courtyard, paved with Yorkstone flags.

Two pots of lavender in the corner.

With a fragrant wisteria trellised above, that someone else prunes.

And a couple of steamer chairs :okay:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
You could invite us all round for a slide show.
That seems to be something that died out in the early 80s. The boring slide show, fortunately we have Facebook And instagram now so I can ignore people’s crappy holiday pictures.

It got replaced by the holiday video which got replaced by you tube channels.

“Hey want to watch my youtube video and subscribe to my channel?”

”No, I’d rather rip my finger nails off..”

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Well, you can console yourself in having earned nearly double what I earned in my highest-paid year and about 4.5 times what I live on now! :okay:
I regularly did 60+ hours a week, my record time sheet was 103 hours but that did involve a 37 hour stint (admittedly with 2 hours sat in the Van being driven to Olympia in that there London.)

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
PowerPoint presentations are where it's at.

I enjoy the palpable sigh of relief when I tell people at conferences / talks / webinars that there is scarce, to no PowerPoint to accompany my talk.

Maybe just some pictures of vegetables with googlie eyes accompanying the dull stats.

And some props ^_^

A bit like all the latest and great inventions will be ready and in common use in 5-10 years.

After loving the very early Star Trek series I was really chuffed when I got my first flip-top phone (beam me up Scottie). If they did a decent one, not the geriatric versions, with good camera, screen, and possibly internet access, I'd still have one.

Top Bottom