Boris No-helmet.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dondare

Über Member
The Evening Standart wrote to me today asking me what I thought of Boris cycling without a helmet. I don't suppose that they'll print my reply; or if they do they'll edit all the meaning out of it, but I'm going to buy the rag tomorrow just in case. I'll let you know.

col

Legendary Member
So what do you think?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
MERV said:
Is Boris going to abolish stopping at Red Traffic Signals?

He could do worse than look at the system in Le Mans, which has specific "Sauf Cyclistes" exemptions for certain signals and one way routes - at least that way, both motorists and cyclists know where they stand...

No refelctive belt, knepads, elbow pads or gloves either (all formally reccomended by the road safety lobby as essential for safe cycling

Mr Pig

I've had a few tumbles. I've never hurt my head but my helmet has cracks and lots of scuffs on it! Basically, if I hadn't had the helmet on my head would've taken the hits so yes, I think they work. I'm still wearing the same helmet though, I really should buy a new one.

Six of us out on the hills on Saturday, only two of us with helmets on...

redjedi

Über Member
If your helmets has cracks in it, then it's no longer of any use.
Get a new one.

Doesn't one of the helmet companies offer cheap/free replacements if you crack your helmet in an accident?

Maybe Boris's hair would save him?

I don't think there's too much to damage in there :rolleyes:

Mr Pig

redjedi said:
If your helmets has cracks in it, then it's no longer of any use.

Yeah, I know, I just keep putting it off. Buying a new bike soon so I'll maybe see if they'll throw in a free lid ;0) They should, considering we've bought six bikes off them!

Boris for Prime Minister I say. I think he's great :0)

Mr Pig said:
I've had a few tumbles. I've never hurt my head but my helmet has cracks and lots of scuffs on it! Basically, if I hadn't had the helmet on my head would've taken the hits so yes, I think they work. I'm still wearing the same helmet though, I really should buy a new one.

Not necessarily true. Sometimes your helmet hits when your head wouldn't have done.

Mr Pig

Twenty Inch said:
Not necessarily true. Sometimes your helmet hits when your head wouldn't have done.

I don't know. These things tend to happen so fast you know nothing about them. One second you're on the bike, the next thing you know you're on the ground wondering where the pain is coming from! What happened in between is a blur.

Jaded

I fell off last year and bumped and slid. I had grazes all down my right side and a very slight cut on my right eye, where the corner of my glasses are. They are about 6 mm wide there. The helmet I have is nearly 10 times wider at the same point. Tell me that my injuries would have been less if I'd been wearing a helmet. You'll have a hard time convincing me.

Mr Pig

I think it's a bit like wearing a seat belt in a car. There will be the odd occasion where you are worse off for having it on but in the majority of accidents you'll be better off wearing it.

Top Bottom