bottle cage toolkits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'm trying to purchase one of these.

http://store.trekbik...5&bShopOnline=1

but I can't find a (known) UK supplier that has them. The best I can find is a bike shop in pcumbria called PEnrith city cycles...I dont know them at all so am loathed to part with my bank details.

anyone know of a local supplier?

Why not buy one of these and fill it with what you need on any given day, 750 and 500ml versions available. One of my best bits of kit.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=16400

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
There was a recent thread about these - don't recall anyone coming up with a source. Think they have been discontinued. I use one and they are very good. If Perth City Cycles My link have them in stock I would go for it.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
There was a recent thread about these - don't recall anyone coming up with a source. Think they have been discontinued. I use one and they are very good. If Perth City Cycles My link have them in stock I would go for it.

Thanks

...do you know Perth City bikes, their website is often down and the phone is engaged a lot...was a bit worrying

It'd be good to know if someone knows of them and that they are for real

Furkz

Über Member
i bought a little bag from poundland that is very similiar to the trek bottle. if i lined it with a bit of card of plastic i could easily use it the same way

i bought a little bag from poundland that is very similiar to the trek bottle. if i lined it with a bit of card of plastic i could easily use it the same way

Same here - saw those and thought they'd be good for keeping tools, tubes etc. all in one place.

Haven't tried getting it to fit in a bottle cage (mine just lives in pannier/saddlepack) but I don't think it would be a difficult bodge - could cut down an old bottle and put it inside.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
The big advantage of the trek one is that it has a long zip lengthwise and hinges open into two compartments, each with a net and elastic loop, giving really easy access to the contents. I use mine for food, gels, energy bars , phone, money, route sheets etc, etc. It is weatherproof too. The wide mouth bottles are OK but it is much less easy to get at the contents.

Furkz

Über Member
Same here - saw those and thought they'd be good for keeping tools, tubes etc. all in one place.

Haven't tried getting it to fit in a bottle cage (mine just lives in pannier/saddlepack) but I don't think it would be a difficult bodge - could cut down an old bottle and put it inside.

yep i just use it in my backup to keep all the little things together. i think it maybe a bottle bag to clip to jeans originally

My stuff is now in panniers but i did put something together by using an old bottle before the panniers. To combat the 'rattle' of the tools i held all my tools 2gether using a girls 'hair bobble' and then i wrapped them in an old t-towel (handy for oily hands!:thumbsup:). It then resembled a 'swiss roll' shape; Two more 'bobbles' top and bottom and dropped it in bottle. I still had a bit of space so just put a little 1st aid kit in and small pack of babywipes etc...:biggrin:. If your on a budget it can be done but even if your not save yourself some cash!!!!:whistle:

zacklaws

Guru
I bought one of those bottles for holding tools etc on short rides when I only need one bottle, but I have never used it on my rides. I cannot see the point of removing my tools etc from the small saddle pack to put into the bottle.

But what I have found it useful for is, when I am working on my bike, and when I need to do a small test run, I can quickly put the extra tools I need to repair what I am working on into the bottle so they are readily available if I need to make adjustments etc

Top Bottom