Bradford Cycle Lane

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Here is one, didn't struggle at all.

3392891.jpg
Keep searching!

Keep searching!
I'd prefer to use 1 example, from a small sample size to try and prove my point without the realisation that there isn't many :biggrin:

When you get one example, you could then use it.
Check the wording on the windscreen, or the building behind.

Keighley is close enough to Bradford to be Bradford in my opinion. Especially when it is within the borough of Bradford. And their taxi drivers (should) get their license from Bradford city too.

Unless of course you're referring it to being private hire and not a "taxi". Yet, that would be quite pedantic, as common usage of "taxi" would also include private hire vehicles.

classic33

Leg End Member
Keighley is close enough to Bradford to be Bradford in my opinion. Especially when it is within the borough of Bradford. And their taxi drivers (should) get their license from Bradford city too.

Unless of course you're referring it to being private hire and not a "taxi". Yet, that would be quite pedantic, as common usage of "taxi" would also include private hire vehicles.
Keighley doesn't come under Bradford control, seperate council.

MarkF

Guru
I haven't seen a white taxi driver for many years in Bradford, decades maybe, but anyway, I don't think Bradford's driving problems are related to taxi driving or drivers. But at least now the problem seems to be being addressed in the recent crackdown, I don't have my hopes up too high, when driving without insurance or a license in "pool" cars enabling untraceable drivers to use any part of the road or pavement they like, well I think it's gone too far now. It's a specific & obvious Bradford problem, but only in 2 or 3 or BD postcodes.:sad:

Phil, a lot of Bradford taxi drivers are not even licensed by Bradford, they are licensed by Rossendale! Thus removing the local councils right to spot check the cars and drivers. Still, the drivers have lot to lose with few other employment prospects, I don't think the standard of taxi driving is bad.

Last edited:
Phil, a lot of Bradford taxi drivers are not even licensed by Bradford, they are licensed by Rossendale! Thus removing the local councils right to spot check the cars and drivers.

Yes, that was mentioned in the article that I found the image from. Hence the (should) in my post. ;)

MarkF

Guru
I live in the Aire Valley, to me cycling to Keighley is cycling to a distinctly separate town 10 miles away, it's not a suburb. Good luck with telling a citizen of Keighley that they are part of Bradford!

Anyway.............I am using the £29m cycle lane Bradford to Stanningley later, I'll report back on 5pm useage. :okay:

Just me on it at 5pm. Can't see me using it again. :sad:
Bradford to Stanningley? Aye, you get the rough end.

I did Seacroft to Thornbury a couple of days ago - and honestly at Thornbury, I took one look down into Bradford, and thought ........ nope.

fwiw
- Seacroft - Killingbeck. OK - some consistency problems. But LCC do have a history of going back and rectifying problems that come up in use;
- Killingbeck - Quarry Hill - too early to say; some really silly bits (the traffic lights at the entrance to Asda - just daft);
- Quarry Hill through Leeds to just before Armley Gyratory - ain't never going to happen, as far as I can see. You're on your own;
- Canal Road (?), through to Greggs Bakery to head over Stanningley Bypass. Too early to say - depends on how well worked out the road markings are, mostly good surface (but a lot oddly third rate). But could well be really good when finally finished. Silly infrastructure at traffic lights by the fire station - would have made so much more sense to be consistent with the other traffic lights along that stretch.
- Stanningley Road - still under construction.
Stanningley - only safe place to ride is the ******* pavement. :cursing:

Stanningley to Thornbury - eeh; not great. Inconsistencies galore. Not designed to give (or even hint at) cyclist priority across road junctions. In fact - cyclists reduced to pedestrian status? That's me memory.

Thornbury Junction - a mess. Full stop. End of. And I'm heading home.

So ........... like I say, you got the duff end :whistle:

Top Bottom