Breakfast means Breakfast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
Usual mixture of Bran flakes, muesli and granola. Plus orange juice and one of those drinking yoghurts
Same as me in summer, and often with a chopped apple or banana on top, but without the drinking yogurt.
I'm a recent convert to granola:smile:.

EnPassant

Remember Remember some date in November Member
Am I odd at not having breakfast? Just a cup of tea.....

Shaun
Not odd to me, I rarely wake up hungry so just coffee in place of your tea.
Additionally, since I've now been trying to lose weight for 9 and a bit months, eating when I'm not hungry seems daft. I spend enough time during the day wanting more food as it is (and for some reason, no, adding breakfast doesn't reduce the cravings later on, or not by enough. Maybe that classifies as odd?)
That said, I've learned to eat something if I'm going to cycle >20 miles, I found I need it then.

It used to be this..
My boss (from twenty years ago) used to have a cigarette and a cup of black coffee for his breakfast. He's still going strong at 80.
But fear of this...
So did I. Four years ago I had two-thirds of my left lung removed. One of the reasons I had a bowl of muesli with a sliced up banana and yoghurt this morning, as I do every morning.
put a stop to half my 'breakfast'. (hope you are ok now SP).

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Monday - Friday, if I have breakfast, it's white toast with butter and Fortnum & Masons Lemon Curd - which reminds me that I need to top up supplies when i'm back in London in a few weeks.

At the weekend , if I'm heading out on the bike it's usually a big bowl of Fruit n Fibre with semi-skimmed milk. Well, I am an athlete, aren't I? ;)

:laugh:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Out biking this morning so should have been porridge. But I've run out...Mrs N is away and we're slowly falling part at the seams.

So I had the usual double Dolce Gusto coffee (7 days a week), some crunchy nut cornflakes flakes with added dried fruit and semi skimmed. Then I treated myself to two slices of toast with a dollop of Tesco Finest blackcurrant conserve. Perfecto for a hilly 30 miler

Working week is usually a bowl of bran flakes with French set yoghurt on top and a banana.

The weekends are always mixed up. Anything from sweet rubbish like waffles and pop tarts to more continental things like croissants.

I am not a big fan of bread so rarely eat toast. I would like to eat more bacon and sausage but not a fan of the clean up required afterwards.

Top Bottom