Breakfast means Breakfast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
This is the Sunday breakfast thread. Away with you to the "I've got time and energy to cook breakfast during the week" thread!
The omelette didn't happen. My wholemeal loaf was unusually reluctant to prove in the time I'd allotted yesterday, so I had nothing this morning with which to make toast (you may consider my morning routine unreasonably leisurely, but it isn't quite so laid-back as to involve baking bread). I ate muesli instead :cry:.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
The omelette didn't happen. My wholemeal loaf was unusually reluctant to prove in the time I'd allotted yesterday, so I had nothing this morning with which to make toast (you may consider my morning routine unreasonably leisurely, but it isn't quite so laid-back as to involve baking bread). I ate muesli instead :cry:.
My commiserations. I wouldn't say "unreasonably leisurely" - I'd say "enviably laid-back". In a #middleclassproblem I either have time to get up sensibly slowly or to be at home - but never both. Unless, as today, I'm at home with an infection. Which is boring.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Usually Weetabix.
My son's first bowl is Rice Crispies and Shreddies (or non-branded equivalent). Second is the same but with 1 Weetabix. And sometimes 1/2 a banana.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
My commiserations. I wouldn't say "unreasonably leisurely" - I'd say "enviably laid-back". In a #middleclassproblem I either have time to get up sensibly slowly or to be at home - but never both. Unless, as today, I'm at home with an infection. Which is boring.
I now have bread. But I've eaten the chard for dinner. Doh!

20161010_203952.jpg

I don't really have Sunday morning breakfast. I suppose I'm more likely to do a fry up but that's normally late morning after coffee, dog walk, granola, coffee and coffee. There's no green stuff in my fry up's though, no idea what that's about, might be one for the Fry Up Police I reckon.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
That looks very good. Does it weigh a lot? My sister makes bread and I get very nervous that I might drop one of her loaves on my toe.
Depends what you mean by a lot! It weighs about 800g (so twice what a small loaf of shite sliced bread weighs), and is made with around 450-500g of flour. I make my own wholemeal precisely because I can't stand all that lightweight, wangy Chorleywood stuff!

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Usually Weetabix.
My son's first bowl is Rice Crispies and Shreddies (or non-branded equivalent). Second is the same but with 1 Weetabix. And sometimes 1/2 a banana.
Persuade him to put yogurt on a weetabix and eat it :evil:

Caskman

Toasted brown bread, HP brown sauce spread on it, then sliced tomatoes on top and black pepper to finish.
HP sauce?? Filthy stuff. Its days would be numbered should I ever be made Prime Minister ( closely followed by tomato ketchup ). Vive la Revolution!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
If I'm on an early shift, breakfast is a couple of fat slices of genoa cake washed down with coffee. But if I'm having 'breakfast' it looks like this...
2015-01-31 18.39.00.jpg

Two poached eggs on a slice of fried bread. Three bacon, two sausage, one slice of black pudding. Button mushrooms fried in butter and smothered in coarsely ground black pepper and a dollop of grainy mustard. No beans. No Tomato. And definitely no hash browns.

Last edited:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Depends what you mean by a lot! It weighs about 800g (so twice what a small loaf of shite sliced bread weighs), and is made with around 450-500g of flour. I make my own wholemeal precisely because I can't stand all that lightweight, wangy Chorleywood stuff!

My fave flour is Matthews Cotswold Crunch, it's got malt and wheat flakes, shite like that.

Top Bottom