Breakfast means Breakfast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I seldom eat breakfast on the 4 mornings a week that I swim, and if I do it shows by a poorer performance in the pool. I do eat quite soon after swimming though, normally something healthy like cake.

colly

Re member eR
Eggs (2) and bacon (3 rashers) toast and either marmalade, honey or lemon curd. Mostly, sometimes I don't bother.

With tea natch.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
You are a minor member of the aristocracy and I claim my five pounds.

Given half a chance I'd have devilled kidneys with very soft buttery creamy scrambled eggs more often. A quite large number of years ago we were staying in a little hotel in Northumberland. One evening the restaurant served roast venison with roast chestnuts. The following morning I was offered venison liver to go with my bacon and eggs. Absolutely delicious - a rich gamey treat to start the day.

Normally I have to make do with Bovril on toast for something savoury.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Feckin spinach for breakfast, mental!

I knew it had no place on a breakfast plate. Mind you neither does the poncey beans or the potato things.

Tomorrow, I will be having a one-egg omelette made with ludicrously expensive eggs from poncey rare-breed hens with local organic rainbow chard. A traditional Welsh working-class breakfast.

After 4 mornings of hotel full Cornish breakfasts, today I had toast with Marmite.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Tomorrow, I will be having a one-egg omelette made with ludicrously expensive eggs from poncey rare-breed hens with local organic rainbow chard. A traditional Welsh working-class breakfast.

This is the Sunday breakfast thread. Away with you to the "I've got time and energy to cook breakfast during the week" thread!

Top Bottom