Breakfast means Breakfast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
If I'm on an early shift, breakfast is a couple of fat slices of genoa cake washed down with coffee. But if I'm having 'breakfast' it looks like this...
View attachment 147641
Two poached eggs on a slice of fried bread. Three bacon, two sausage, one slice of black pudding. Button mushrooms friend in butter and smothered in coarsely ground black pepper and a dollop of grainy mustard. No beans. No Tomato. And definitely no hash browns.
Now that's a breakfast!

No black pudding for me, but hash browns/saute potatoes, and toast instead. :smile:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Hash Browns need to stay on the vegan/vege breakfast where they belong.

edit... someone from Bolton snubbing black pudding! I bet you keep that quiet.

If you mean those funny little frozen triangles of waxy potato-like stuff then they should go in the bin, if you make your own real ones with grated spuds they're fuggin brilliant.

Reactions: mjr

Julia9054

Guru
If I'm on an early shift, breakfast is a couple of fat slices of genoa cake washed down with coffee. But if I'm having 'breakfast' it looks like this...
View attachment 147641
Two poached eggs on a slice of fried bread. Three bacon, two sausage, one slice of black pudding. Button mushrooms friend in butter and smothered in coarsely ground black pepper and a dollop of grainy mustard. No beans. No Tomato. And definitely no hash browns.
You are correct. Fried tomatoes are an abomination. And bean juice mixing with egg yolk! Yuk!xx(

Andrew_P

In between here and there
inspired by this thread, I am going to sell the kids a dummy this Sunday and say we are going to Tesco's and go to my local Brunch serving restaurant and have either this

upload_2016-10-13_17-42-18.png

Or this, or both
upload_2016-10-13_17-42-54.png

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
It surely has to be porridge

banana_porridge1.jpg

I gather some people like this stuff, though I've found on trips to our training centre that adding hot water to a pot of ordinary chopped oats gives you a reasonable result.
quaker-oats-oat-so-simple-57g-x3.jpg

I am so going to get a beating from South Wales

Attachments

• quaker-oats-oat-so-simple-57g-x3.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 10
  • banana_porridge1.jpg
    banana_porridge1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 8
  • banana_porridge1.jpg
    banana_porridge1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 11
  • quaker-oats-oat-so-simple-57g-x3.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 9

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
You need to refine your plating up logistics.

A massive plate helps.
The sausage should be used as a natural breakwater between the beans and egg. Alan Partridge knows his breakfast, and has a big plate. I tend to leave the beans out because there's not quite enough room in my belly. And if i ever get a breakfast in a cafe, i always ask for no beans because all too often, they're watered down and slapped on top of the egg. It's just not worth the risk.

in fact, I think cafes offering a full English should be rated by Alan and if the rules are adhered to, are permitted to display the Partridge Approved Breakfast Badge. That way i could safely order beans with my breakfast.

Last edited:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Thing is, if you've got enough stuff on your plate you have the tools to form a barrier to stop an egg/bean collision without having to resort to the horror that is...

...the ramekin

21obs-scream-blog427.jpg

Attachments

• 21obs-scream-blog427.jpg
    21obs-scream-blog427.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 21obs-scream-blog427.jpg
    21obs-scream-blog427.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom