broke my 20 mile duck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
yesterday, thought Id go for broke and see just how much I can do.. planned a nice ride of 20 miles, nothing too scary.. just rolling roads, some main, and some back.

did it easy in 1hr 33min, 21 miles! Amazed at how great I felt.. went home then the GF said, want a walk? so did 3 miles with her and the in-laws, then rode home which was 5 miles. Feel great today!:wahhey:

going to put a big ride in mid week now after my rest day monday, see how that goes. Should be able to get my weekly mileage up from current 65 then.

Getting there nicely now, only trouble is is that none of my damn clothes fit me any more! theyre all too big!!! :laugh:

Steve H

Large Member
Nice one Matt - sounds like you are really flying

Blue

Legendary Member
Well done. Keep setting goals like that as they are a joy to achieve and they keep the motivation going.

You will never regret the lifestyle change, although you may find your bank balance will get as thin as yourself.:training:

OP
OP
MattHB

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Hehe thanks :smile: I'm absolutely loving it. I'm going to put a big ride in my mid week and see how it goes. I can walk out of my door and 20 miles along the sea front without hitting a road (or a hill), which I think would be a nice easy jaunt (depending on the wind direction). So who wouldn't?

Blue

Legendary Member
Hehe thanks :smile: I'm absolutely loving it. I'm going to put a big ride in my mid week and see how it goes. I can walk out of my door and 20 miles along the sea front without hitting a road (or a hill), which I think would be a nice easy jaunt (depending on the wind direction). So who wouldn't?
I too can go out of my door and head along fairly quiet coastal routes, although I have to deal with a few junctions and hills. As you say it helps to get you out the door. You mention the wind - you will discover that that is a constant feature on coastal routes. However, just consider headwinds good training because of the resistance and enjoy the tailwinds when you turn. The glass is always half full my friend :cheers:

OP
OP
MattHB

MattHB

Proud Daddy
My mid week ride logged tonight. Amazing along 7 miles of Bournemouth beech prom and back (21 miles including getting to it). Really odd to be part of the strange secret nocturnal fitness freak club!!!​
Im so hooked ^_^

Top Bottom