Broken fr mech hanger Now sorted and up and running

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
The decision to get it repaired is the right one; as long as the repairer is competent and had an understanding of the loads the bracket has to take under the leverage of the derailleur it will be fine. In fact there's a sort of beauty in a well-repaired machine because a competent repair allows you to continue to use the bike in this throw-away age. That was one reason why I enjoyed owning and maintaining a proper square Land Rover.

I have been in touch with two very respected frame makers , one can't do it due to timing issues is he is going away for a couple of weeks. Whilst the other can do it once he has the frame and identified the correct bracket .

So hopefully it will be fine once repaired , hoping to get it stripped and packed up over the weekend.

I ride 1x11 on my commuter Ti....love its simplicity
Does your left hand brake lever still shift if you decided to change your setup?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Does your left hand brake lever still shift if you decided to change your setup?
No left hand shifter.......its flat bar, so only hydraulic brake lever on the left side

20170722_173332.jpg

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Up and running this morning , just got to fine tune the rear mechanism.

IMG_20170810_061255380.jpg
IMG_20170810_060635531.jpg

Top Bottom