Broken hip update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
I would say count to a thousand and then.....breathe. Tell a few close friends in the club that you're a little put out to say the least, word will so soon spread.
Sorry to here of your plight and hope things take a turn for the better soon. Know just how you feel, having recently suffered a serious injury myself. It's really frustrating and slow going, but having a rant online is never a good thing to do imo. 2 or 3 months down the line you'll probably be in a better place and regretting having had a rant on your club website!

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
The consultant who saw me said whatever you are like at 12 months is likely to be for the rest of your life. Not quite accurate, although with that in mind, for months 9 - 12 I worked hard on the damaged leg. The discomfort I experience now is slightly less than at 12 months (July) and I am hopng that will be alleviated further when they take out the metalwork later this year. - Not normally done apparently, but consultant is prepared to do it. Also although my mileages are about the same as at 12 months, the leg feels stronger and my wife has noticed I don't limp quite as quickly.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I would say count to a thousand and then.....breathe. Tell a few close friends in the club that you're a little put out to say the least, word will so soon spread.
Sorry to here of your plight and hope things take a turn for the better soon. Know just how you feel, having recently suffered a serious injury myself. It's really frustrating and slow going, but having a rant online is never a good thing to do imo. 2 or 3 months down the line you'll probably be in a better place and regretting having had a rant on your club website!

I have told one of the group, but whether he's mentioned it to the others i don't know? That card thing really pissed me off! As soon as it came out i thought oh no!! I tried to avoid signing it by circling around the car park warming up, but she called me over. I thought about writing something sarcastic and now i think i should have done. I should've said no i'm not signing and if they said anything told them where to get off and just left. I wouldn't miss them. Half of them are up themselves anyway. At least i admit i'm a 4th division cyclist and don't think i'm capable of doing things i can't do!

Top Bottom