Brompton seat height

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rob_mcp

Now now Mickle - I'm allowed to have ideas, however stupid! However I agree the easiest option is the saddle next to body measure!

:wacko:

Alves

mickle said:
The Brompton seat post is flanged at the bottom to stop it pulling through the frame when it's raised. Cutting an inch off will acheive nothing.
Ah, but if you cut it to length AND leave a small tab on the bottom and then bend this out, it will act as a stop.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I've got a telescopic seat post. The top bit is never altered. The bottom bit gets pulled out to the full extent. Works every time

(I realise this only works if you've got long legs, sorry)

Cranky

dellzeqq said:
I've got a telescopic seat post. The top bit is never altered. The bottom bit gets pulled out to the full extent. Works every time

(I realise this only works if you've got long legs, sorry)

Same here.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Clearly there is an opportunity for Brompton here. They should market a range of seat posts in different lengths.

Say goodbye to "guess the right seat height" misery! All you have to do is buy a seat post which, when pulled out to its full extent, is exactly the right height for you.

Can I have my royalty cheque now, please?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Wouldn't it be even easier for Brompton to make a seat post with ruler like markings on it ... then you would just have to remember a number - I reckon my idea is better than yours!!!!.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
summerdays said:
Wouldn't it be even easier for Brompton to make a seat post with ruler like markings on it ... then you would just have to remember a number - I reckon my idea is better than yours!!!!.

Nah - that way, Brompton would sell fewer seat posts.

jack the lad

Set the seat height to the right position, then put a jubilee clip around the seat post underneath the frame and butted up against it. It shouldn't affect the fold, and ever after you can just pull the seat post up until it stops, just like those of us who are naturally blessed with being the right height for a Brompton!

Top Bottom