Brompton Time Just Might Be Here ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Well first commute today, got to London and it was lashing rain, so it remained folded. However on my return it was nice and dry so I did the 5 1/2 m @ 11mph to Waterloo. I loved it but was under pressure to make the train. I still haven't got the hang of the gears so I think I just kept it in top and there you have it. It was great at nipping in and out of the traffic. I won't break any records but I didn't buy it for that.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Well first commute today, got to London and it was lashing rain, so it remained folded. However on my return it was nice and dry so I did the 5 1/2 m @ 11mph to Waterloo. I loved it but was under pressure to make the train. I still haven't got the hang of the gears so I think I just kept it in top and there you have it. It was great at nipping in and out of the traffic. I won't break any records but I didn't buy it for that.
Wuss ^_^

I rode mine to Liechtenstein and back this evening .....

photo 1 (3).JPG

photo 2 (2).JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Still waiting for my C bag, they said they ordered it when I bought the bike, saying in within a few days and they would text me. Come the Saturday I rang them, three weeks later I rang them, I was promised one would be on the van from their Leatherhead branch tomorrow (Thursday) so I turned up but the bag didn't. Another order to Brompton has gone in and I'm still waiting. So much for supporting your LBS bollox. Cycle Works don't seem to.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Still waiting for my C bag, they said they ordered it when I bought the bike, saying in within a few days and they would text me. Come the Saturday I rang them, three weeks later I rang them, I was promised one would be on the van from their Leatherhead branch tomorrow (Thursday) so I turned up but the bag didn't. Another order to Brompton has gone in and I'm still waiting. So much for supporting your LBS bollox. Cycle Works don't seem to.

Two things may be at play here.

Brompton are notoriously difficult for dealers to deal with.

The company is supposed to have improved in the last year or two, but your dealer may be getting promises from Brompton that are not being kept.

You are a cycle to work customer which means your dealer 'loses' £100 or so to the scheme.

Of course, the dealer shouldn't regard you as a second class customer, but it may be more effort would have been made to get the bag had you paid for the bike in cash.

OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Two things may be at play here.

Brompton are notoriously difficult for dealers to deal with.

The company is supposed to have improved in the last year or two, but your dealer may be getting promises from Brompton that are not being kept.

You are a cycle to work customer which means your dealer 'loses' £100 or so to the scheme.

Of course, the dealer shouldn't regard you as a second class customer, but it may be more effort would have been made to get the bag had you paid for the bike in cash.

I hear what you're saying but I did pay cash for the bag so really it is a completely separate transaction

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I hear what you're saying but I did pay cash for the bag so really it is a completely separate transaction

Inability to supply a popular accessory is poor.

I would be hacked off, same as you.

But don't let it spoil your enjoyment of the bike, they are excellent, as you may already know.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
S type gives you more of a raked forward MTB style ride than the M,P or H types that are more Dutch bike sit up and beg.

The S is still quite an upright ride, my manky neck copes quite happily & IMO it does feel a bit racier and hunkered down than the others when riding.

Edit

View attachment 85269

We're awaiting the tram. I'm 5'11 normal length arms and legs, this is my regular riding set up, seatpost fully extended, pentaclip half way & saddle rails at the top of it and I touch the floor with tip toes. As said, dodgy neck but I'm completely comfy on this.

Is that a std seatpost or the extended, not that I want a Brompton...

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I am almost 5'10" (commonly known as 5'9") and I use the standard seat post all the way up with the Brompton saddle in its default place. It is a tiny bit high for putting a foot down, but perfect when pedalling.

Top Bottom