Brompton used pricing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
When I was researching my Brompton purchase, I couldn’t find one that ticked all my boxes. I didn’t want one too old, or too expensive, I wanted mudguards and the front luggage block, and 6 gears. I didn’t want a basket case either. In the end I bought new. I’m glad I did too, a couple of issues sorted under warranty.

They’re great bikes, I’ve barely ridden any of my others in the last six months, I keep it in the car a lot of the time, when I do my commute, I park four miles out and cycle in.

Buy new, you won’t regret it. You can use the last few months PB winnings. 😗

Tenkaykev

Guru
I’ve looked at Gumtree too

Our local Gumtree was where ours came from. There was a very good used model a few weeks ago on Bournemouth Gumtree for about £650. I was briefly tempted by N+1 syndrome, Mrs Tenkaykev pointed out We’ve 7 bikes between us, 5 of which are Brommies 🤔

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Our local Gumtree was where ours came from. There was a very good used model a few weeks ago on Bournemouth Gumtree for about £650. I was briefly tempted by N+1 syndrome, Mrs Tenkaykev pointed out We’ve 7 bikes between us, 5 of which are Brommies 🤔

I’m not sure why I’d need more than one Brompton… but then again I have 5 roadbikes (they are at least all different in some way :whistle: )

I'd go new. You can get what you want and the new prices aren't a huge amount more than second hand. Nip into the store in Covent Garden.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I'd go new. You can get what you want and the new prices aren't a huge amount more than second hand. Nip into the store in Covent Garden.

Unfortunately I can’t nip anywhere at the moment! My LBS is a Brompton dealer though.
A new full price one is around £1500 with the longer seat post, quite a premium over many used prices From what I’ve seen

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Unfortunately I can’t nip anywhere at the moment! My LBS is a Brompton dealer though.
A new full price one is around £1500 with the longer seat post, quite a premium over many used prices From what I’ve seen

Mine in August was 1350. Ask your lbs for a deal for cash.

Edit. I don’t know why I typed that, you know more about buying bikes than nearly everyone here.

Nibor

Bewildered
Same height but I’ve got an 34” approx inside leg. I’ve ridden a Brompton before (indeed I bought one in 2019 and changed my mind before delivery) and thus know I need the longer seat tube :smile: With entrenched knee issues, I’m also very sensitive to saddle height

With thet inside leg you may need the telescopic seatpost the long one wiould only be long enough for a 32 at most

Top Bottom